Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #41
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No because here we can apply for a transfer and its usually granted unless there isn't room for the kids who DO live in the school's zone and if you lie to get that guaranteed spot that's messing it up for those who do it properly and apply. We lived out of the zone for years and originally were allowed in because our childcare provider would be taking them and picking them up most of the time. Once you're in they don't kick you out and siblings are automatically in as well. You just have to fill out transfer request forms every year. We moved in the school's zone last year and never have to worry about that again! Whew!
But I've also seen news stories about this and it IS a crime. One woman was prosecuted, tried and sentenced for it! She was using her father's address and they would go to his house after school but went home at night. Someone saw them or followed them and turned her in. It was a BIG deal. But in metro areas I can understand why. Some schools are being shut down and there's so many funding problems. It's sad that it has to come to that but it does.
Also, in our district you can have someone write a letter saying you're living with them and use their utility bill to be registered. I've heard of people doing that a lot. We don't have to have it notarized or anything.

Advertisement