Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: A child purposely peeing in bed at night

I agree with having her clean it all up herself. And, I would also consider buying a super loud crinkly plastic mattress protector as well. Not about shaming but about annoying her with the noise of it-if she wants it off, she has to be taking herself to the bathroom.

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #12
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

From my own personal experience, I remember doing that and making the choice to not get up to go to the bathroom. The memories are vague but most of the time I wasn't really awake enough to make the choice even though my parents thought I was doing it out of spite. I really was too sleepy to consciously make the choice even if I looked awake. Once in a while I do remember choosing to stay in bed because I was comfortable in bed and didn't want to get up and get cold and go all the way down the hallway and sit on the cold toilet then walk all the way back down the cold hallway etc (the toilet was actually only about 15 feet away but I REALLY didn't like being cold). I was pretty young and I eventually just outgrew it when it stopped being convenient. At first I didn't care, but eventually the yucky bed wasn't convenient anymore. My parents didn't really react or respond, but if I became responsible for my own laundry it probably would have stopped much sooner.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh - definitely don't guilt trip her or anything, that won't help! When DS1 has an accident, I just ask him to remember to strip his bed for me and take it to the laundry room. No guilt, no blame - just "it happened, let's deal with it, no biggie".
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone!

I have an appt with her Ped on Wed just to rule out something medical. Then a therapy appt in 3 weeks. Though I will be taking her with me to my therapy appt on Monday. I am angry with her behavior.

I have been making her help with her diapers; she has to start the washer (too heavy for her to put it in herself), start each cycle of washing (I do the soap/cleaning stuff), transfer them, hang up the covers, help make them, put them away. I also make her do all that stuff for DS2's diapers.

I make her strip her bed, put the sheets in the washer, transfer them, help remake her bed (she needs help because of her low muscle tone).

None of this makes her want to stop.

I did wake her up this AM around 1:30 and she was dry and let loose Niagara Falls. DH got her up at 7am and she had wet a little.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #15
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt09 View Post
yup...any time my did this..I told him "okay time to clean it up" and would give him a soapy rag etc and have him scrub away..it really taught him cause and effect...If I do this..THIS is the outcome. Good luck!
DS pukes on purpose and this is what we do with him at the advice of the psychologist and developmental ped. The more attention it gets, even negative attention, the more she will do it. It is a cry for attention--if she is truly doing it on purpose.

That being said, I would also try to spend as much positive time as you can with her, esp at bedtime.

There is also medications that can help. My friend's daughter lacks the hormone that stops urine production while she is sleeping. She resisted the meds for a long time, but they really helped her daughter.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 03-29-2013 at 11:04 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #16
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think the regression happening because of the abuse/molestation could be causing problems still for her. I would really work on spending positive time with her. I understand you're angry and don't find what she's doing excusable from your experience of being abused, but understand that everyone deals with trauma in different ways. Not trying to guilt trip you at all.
Hugs mama, this can't be easy to deal with, especially with such a young ds needing your attention and postpartum hormones. Hope this resolves soon.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #17
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe also try sleeping with her. If you are there, she may not feel the need to act out.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
Old 03-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #18
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was able to get 5 yards of PUL from Joann's today for $7.49/yd. I am going to make 5 waterproof pads for DD. I am using the same design from mama cloth (PUL, terry cloth, flannel) for them. I will be working on them next week.

I am going to ask about the medicine for DD at her appt on Wed.

The main reason she is not sleeping in our room is it took us forever to get her out! She still sleeps in there on occasion but not much lately. She does have separation issues when it comes to DH & I and I have tried to give her some leeway but it was hard when her "umbilical cord" would not be severed.

I am trying to stay positive about this but it is really hard.

I did have her do everything last night when she wet and she really could have cared less. I am hoping that this ends soon.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabelle05
I was able to get 5 yards of PUL from Joann's today for $7.49/yd. I am going to make 5 waterproof pads for DD. I am using the same design from mama cloth (PUL, terry cloth, flannel) for them. I will be working on them next week.

I am going to ask about the medicine for DD at her appt on Wed.

The main reason she is not sleeping in our room is it took us forever to get her out! She still sleeps in there on occasion but not much lately. She does have separation issues when it comes to DH & I and I have tried to give her some leeway but it was hard when her "umbilical cord" would not be severed.

I am trying to stay positive about this but it is really hard.

I did have her do everything last night when she wet and she really could have cared less. I am hoping that this ends soon.
Yay! Sounds like a good solution for now. Hang in there Mama!
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #20
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you need something portable, in the pull-ups aisle, there are disposable bed pads too.