Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you think it was weird

I would think it is weird to do it 2 months early. IMO, that isn't a birthday party. That's a "we wanted a party" party. If you want to do that, I'd call it something else. In your case, call it a "Goodbye Party" since you are moving.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 03-28-2013 at 09:49 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #12
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I see no problem with it. Most kids and the parents won't even know its not the real birthday. If someone says something just say this was the best time you could schedule it.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #13
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

I think it's weird. I agree with the others who said have an end of the year party with friends, but don't call it a birthday party.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
As a late July baby who usually got the shaft on class birthday parties, I say go for it! My DS has a 12/30 birthday, so we'll probably celebrate his birthday sometime in January.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #15
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I think it's weird. I agree with the others who said have an end of the year party with friends, but don't call it a birthday party.
That won't work. She wants a birthday party. I asked about having it be an end of the year party or whatever since it wasn't her real b-day. She wants a b-day party. She even said that her bunny's (her lovey) real b-day was in May so it was ok to have a b-day party. She has never had kids at her b-day because they are always out of town or whatever. Wasn't an issue until she started going to school friends b-day parties. Now she wants her turn and I don't blame her. Plus her bubba's b-day is in Oct so he will be able to have b-day parties with school friends.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
That won't work. She wants a birthday party. I asked about having it be an end of the year party or whatever since it wasn't her real b-day. She wants a b-day party. She even said that her bunny's (her lovey) real b-day was in May so it was ok to have a b-day party. She has never had kids at her b-day because they are always out of town or whatever. Wasn't an issue until she started going to school friends b-day parties. Now she wants her turn and I don't blame her. Plus her bubba's b-day is in Oct so he will be able to have b-day parties with school friends.
I think this is a good life-lesson opportunity. I would say something like "Honey, its not your birthday then. I'm sorry, but we can still have a party and have your friends over before we move. But it isn't your birthday for a long time. We can have an end of the school year party with cake and balloons, but it isn't your birthday."
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 03-29-2013 at 11:19 AM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #17
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A little weird.....

I get the because you are moving thing....but in a way that makes it weird too as you aren't going to see those kids again.

I was at a party that was about 2 months or more, actually maybe it was about 4 months late and they did a joint bday for the 2 kids. I felt it was a little grabby for gifts.

I did my DS2 bday 3 weeks early 1.5 ago as I was due my LO 2 days before his bday. Ended up having him 10 days after the actual party. I didn't want to risk planning a party and then not making it, lol.

Most summer kids(including myself) just get the addresses, names and invite the kids to a party in the summer here. It's fun for them to meet up after not seeing each other for a few weeks.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #18
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nope not weird, her friends are still celebrating her birthday.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #19
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Nope, not weird at all.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote