Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
nannorie85
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: what do you drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Learn to like water?
Seriously though, try bottled or flavor inserts, or just suck it up and make yourself cut out the sugar drinks for a couple weeks and just drink water. You'll learn to love it once your body stops craving all the gross stuff.

I think cutting it out cold turkey is the way to go.. if you're choosing your drinks for health. If you're choosing them for their taste and wondering what we think tastes the best, I still prefer water. But I'm picky about the taste of the water. I will drink my RO water, or Dasani bottled water if that's all there is, but don't like other brands of bottled water or tap water unless there's tons of ice and lemon. Maybe you need to try other brands or levels of filtration?

Could you try making a pitcher of tea to keep on hand and adding a bit of honey?

The withdrawal headaches from pop suck from what I hear.

Advertisement

nannorie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I drank a lot of pop/soda while growing up, but stopped, along with a lot of canned "juice" sweetened with HFCS. Then I just drank whatever was available (apple juice, orange juice, and other "juice") and couldn't drink a lot of water for awhile... then we started getting 100% unsweetened juices - usually apple or orange or cranberry. Then we got a juicer and haven't purchased store juice since... now 95% of the time, I drink plain water. It took awhile but I got here. I'll have some tea on occasion, or juice some veggies (usually organic carrots), and once in awhile I'll make some hot chocolate w/ just water, honey and cocoa powder. I do try making coconut milk and almond milk once in awhile and will drink those.

Sometimes if I feel like we're not getting enough water, I'll make soups w/o adding a lot of salt (carrot ginger, butternut squash, etc.) or try to eat fruits that have very high water content (watermelon in the summer, or other melons, yum!) Oh and of course smoothies are yummy too. In the summer I remember enjoying 'snacking' on crushed ice...but it's still a bit cold for that.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #13
Paislie98
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I drink diet coke, but I try to have just one a day. Usually I just drink water, although not a huge fan. tea is good too.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #14
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I usually flavor my water with a few slices of lemon or lime, and it has to be cold. I also do a lot of herbal teas, most are flavored (peppermint is my favorite) and they are sugar free. It makes such a big difference to cut out the sugary drinks that in just a week or 2 you will see the different.
I also find that different ways of drinking water helps it go down, I definitely need to drink it from a straw, cups and bottles leave me hating plain water.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I drink water mostly with and occasional soda, iced coffee etc...I also drin ka lot of grapefruit juice. Try seltzer water. ASobe lifewater ahs some god fruit drinks sweetened with stevia. Blue sky makes diet rootbeer sweetened with stevia. Stay away from chemical sweeteners, they have been shown to have no effect on weight loss plus they are awful for you.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #16
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Izze sodas and learn to like water
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #17
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad
Flavor your water. Use cucumbers, strawberries, raspberries, lemon, lime, mint or peaches.

You may have to go cold turkey on the sugary drinks. Try it for 21 days and you'll lose your taste for it.
This. You are basically a sugar addict if that's all you want. The body will crave fresh water after you take away the addiction. The sugar free options are not any better for you. So I wouldn't sub. I would force myself to drink water and eventually you will flush the urge to drown in sweetness.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama07
I dont like water.

I lije mountain dew, Rootbeer, juices, sweet tea, tea with lemon and sugar, lemonade, smoothies, and milkshakes.

All things loaded with sugar and calories.

I need something low in calorie and yummy to drink.

Ideas?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using DS Forum
To kick the sugar addiction you have to kick the soda addiction first. I found that when I switched to seltzer I was not drinking other sodas. From there I drank hot tea, and ice water with lemon in it. After that it was easy to drink water but is only if its cold.

Now I drink a coffee in the morning and water all day. I do drinks a second coffee at some time or an adult beverage at dinner time.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #19
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

I guess ill try and pick up some differnt brands of water and look for one I like :/

Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #20
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama07 View Post
I guess ill try and pick up some differnt brands of water and look for one I like :/

sorry there isn't a better option! It really does get better though once you cut out the crappy drinks, get a canteen to keep on you all the time to drink more, or keep bottles of water handy. The more water you drink while you flush your system the lighter the headaches and sugar crashing will be.