Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #21
Mrsfroberg
Registered Users

Re: would you. . .

Yep, we would go. My kids would probably be crabby when we got home, or the next morning, but such is life. I would hate it if my kids couldn't stay up a bit later to do fun things every so often.

Advertisement

Alli: loving wife to my geeky Air Force Computer Engineer , Brandon
Mommy to: Audrey (2.10.07), William (2.16.09), and Eloise (8.10.10)
Maxwell & Charlotte (3.13.2012)

Mrsfroberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would not hesitate for a moment to bring my 5yo to a party like that - however, I would definitely leave my 3yo at home because it would be a hot mess. Yes, he would be sad to be left out (if he even really knew about it...I probably wouldn't share a lot of details ahead of time except that DD and I were visiting someone or something ), but I would set up a special movie or special treat at home for the younger one and go and enjoy the party with the older one.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #23
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

I just wouldn't mention what's going on to the younger sibling. Simply plan ahead wrap present, put it in the car the night before while he's sleeping. Have Dad set up a movie and popcorn for him as soon as you leave (don't cook popcorn in front of the older son- hah_ Ask your oldest to please be courteous as his younger sibling can't go... or don't tell him either. Pop him in the car and go.

We've been to a party with simil;ar hours for a 5 year olds birthday, my youngest was still carrying age. There were a few younger siblings at the party, but everyone seemed to handle what was going on pretty well- minus a few parents not watching their kids and the littles sneaked back into the jumping area.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #24
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Yup, I would, and I have. Here they're called Pump It Up, and the kids have a blast! If the 3yo wasn't invited I wouldn't take him.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #25
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

We had a dilemma exactly like this last year when DS was 5. Bounce house play place pajama party on a Friday night from 6-8. I declined without giving it a second thought. I did not regret it or feel bad and he didn't even bring it up again. Crap filled cake, juice and/or soda, pizza, ramped up and tired kid...um no thanks. I have zero problems with any one of those those on their own but all together and spending our family time separated because no way was I taking the 3 year old with me and I was pregnant at the time too, just was not something I felt was necessary. Had it been a close family friend or even one of his besties from school I would have taken him and just dealt with it. When my son gets ramped up or is over tired he has a hard time coming down and then everyone...EVERYONE suffers because of it so dropping him off was not an option. But I'm mean because I turn down party invites all the time. If the child is not someone they play with on a regular basis then no we're not going.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #26
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

yes, I would take my 2yo to a party like this if she was invited. Her normal bedtime is 8/820.

well, in fact, we did take her to a swimming party like this this past summer and it was fine. We have had to take her to things an hour away in the evenings and she goes down to bed late, gets up at the normal time and is a bit more tired by naptime.

she tends to get ramped up when it's getting past her bedtime.. but the good kind of ramped up where she wants to play and have fun. Which would work just great for a birthday party.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 03-28-2013 at 02:58 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #27
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

No but we don't play around with bed time or nap time.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #28
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
No but we don't play around with bed time or nap time.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Same here. I'm very strict about that. I'd kindly pass.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #29
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yup I'd go, but I wouldn't bring the sibling.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #30
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would. But if anyone got too cranky, then I would go.