Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Red face Irrational vent for the day...

I know I'm being a baby, but I'm a little ticked. DH has a very close knit extended family, and his cousin sent out her wedding invitations. The date? 2 days after my DS's birthday. Obviously, we were planning on having his birthday that weekend since the weekend before would be a lot farther out from the actual day. The part that irks me isn't necessarily the fact that we now have to move the date of his party to the weekend before, it's that no one will probably travel to us to make it because they won't want to travel 2 weekends in a row..and let's face it - a one years olds birthday, or a wedding? People will make the wedding. Just kind of bummed I KNOW that this cousin knows the date of his birthday, too. And she is unemployed and her fiance only works part time so it's not like they were unable to pick another date. Oh well, vent over

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
Antebellum
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Irrational vent for the day...

That sounds pretty crummy!
Antebellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aw, I'm sorry. I was annoyed when my SIL planned her baby shower for the same weekend as DS#3's birthday. She could have done it anytime, too. But I don't think it was even on her radar. A lot of times, people just aren't thinking about little things like someone else's kid's birthday when they are focused on their own major life events.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
I know I'm being a baby, but I'm a little ticked. DH has a very close knit extended family, and his cousin sent out her wedding invitations. The date? 2 days after my DS's birthday. Obviously, we were planning on having his birthday that weekend since the weekend before would be a lot farther out from the actual day. The part that irks me isn't necessarily the fact that we now have to move the date of his party to the weekend before, it's that no one will probably travel to us to make it because they won't want to travel 2 weekends in a row..and let's face it - a one years olds birthday, or a wedding? People will make the wedding. Just kind of bummed I KNOW that this cousin knows the date of his birthday, too. And she is unemployed and her fiance only works part time so it's not like they were unable to pick another date. Oh well, vent over
I'm sorry...maybe it was the only available weekend for their venue?
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Maybe you could schedule your ds's birthday as a morning after the wedding breakfast event? They'd already BE there, and let's face it they need breakfast before they get on the road.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Maybe you could schedule your ds's birthday as a morning after the wedding breakfast event? They'd already BE there, and let's face it they need breakfast before they get on the road.
Do this!

Last edited by NotLad; 03-28-2013 at 12:02 PM.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

While that stinks. There could be lots of reasons why they picked that date. Why can't you have your DS's birthday party that weekend since everyone will be in town.

When we planned our wedding-- we picked a date we both liked. We didn't give any thought to other's birthdays or anniversaries. That was the date we wanted. Call it selfish or whatever but it was my wedding.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Sparklebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I was going to suggest something like this! We have a pretty big extended family and there have been a number of times that we've had family events doubled up on the same weekend, since everyone's already in town.

Sparklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
While that stinks. There could be lots of reasons why they picked that date. Why can't you have your DS's birthday party that weekend since everyone will be in town.

When we planned our wedding-- we picked a date we both liked. We didn't give any thought to other's birthdays or anniversaries. That was the date we wanted. Call it selfish or whatever but it was my wedding.
This. Our wedding fell on our best mans birthday and one other guest.

Sorry, but I wouldn't move my wedding for anyones birthday.
Puppydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

My cousin just got married 2 days before my son's birthday, we told him it was a big party for him and he had a blast.

Of course, he was turning 3; first birthdays are really sentimental for me so I would be bummed, too.

Quote:
I love this idea! Any way you could do something like this?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote