Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Irrational vent for the day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
I'm sorry...maybe it was the only available weekend for their venue?
That is what I was thinking. Plus am sorry but a cousin's son's birthday isn't going to be on my radar for my wedding date. Close knit or not. I have a close knit family btw. You can't make everyone happy.
I think the breakfast after is a great idea. Ex and I went out and spent the day visiting a family member that couldn't make the wedding the day after. We went out to lunch or dinner I forget now. It was fun!

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

I agree with the poster who said a cousins birthday probably wasn't on their radar. I wanted to get married in May, I called the venue and got all dates available in May. We thought about immediate family (parents, siblings, a couple close aunts, and grandparents) and picked a date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Maybe you could schedule your ds's birthday as a morning after the wedding breakfast event? They'd already BE there, and let's face it they need breakfast before they get on the road.
I think this is a great idea! I got married mothers day weekend. We got married Saturday, and had a huge mothers day cookout the next day with dh's family.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #13
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
I'm sorry...maybe it was the only available weekend for their venue?
Definitely possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Maybe you could schedule your ds's birthday as a morning after the wedding breakfast event? They'd already BE there, and let's face it they need breakfast before they get on the road.
That would be great in a way because all DH's family would be there, but it would be a 9 hour drive for my family, and I know they wouldn't be able to do that because they all have pretty demanding jobs..my mom owns her own business and summer is her really busy season, even taking 1 day off to make the 4 hour drive to our house is already a lot to ask.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

maybe 2 bday parties? one the sunday after the wedding...and one on his bday??? is your family near or would they have to travel too? if thats the case then: bday with who can come the weekend before and then the sunday after the wedding a small brunch party with dh's fam
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #15
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My parents are a 3 1/2 - 4 hour drive to us, and I'm sure they're planning on coming! That's definitely an idea We also threw the idea around about having it on that Thurs, his actual bday just later than planned, around 6pm or something. Other extended family from DH's side wouldn't make it, but DH's parents would because they have to travel through our city to get to where the wedding is, so it actually might work out quite nice for them!

over..I think
Old 03-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

My cousin's wedding was on my daughter's first birthday. We didn't attend. I wasn't going to be away from my baby on her first birthday, plus it was 2 hours away, and we weren't invited to the ceremony or dinner, just the after dinner part which started at my daughter's bedtime.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My BIL and SIL got married 2 days after DS2's 2nd birthday. I didn't even really think about it. If I would have tried to plan our wedding date around everyone else's birthday's and anniversaries we would have never gotten married.

As it is we had our daughter's 2nd birthday party this year 3 weeks after her actual birthday because everyone was just really busy around that time.

We have a huge family though, it would be impossible to plan around everyone.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #18
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd be bummed too! Hopefully you all can work it out. It is crazy to think of him being a year old!!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think we have ever done a party on one of the kids b-days. DH's family lives 6 hours away and with both our work schedules we celebrate when we can.

I would do 2 separate parties.

Now that you talk about this. DH's sister is getting married a couple weeks after our DD first birthday. We will probably have her 1st birthday while we are there for the wedding weekend.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #20
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama View Post
I'd be bummed too! Hopefully you all can work it out. It is crazy to think of him being a year old!!
Right?! What happened to my newborn