Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #21
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: House guests and toiletries

I very rarely have house guest but I put out special things for them to use. I always bring my own toiletries and towels when I travel. We usually only go out of town to visit the in-laws and mil is not a very thoughtful hostess. She only ever has shampoo and previously used bar soap for guests. Also last time she provided only 2 towels for the 5 of us to use.

Advertisement

babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #22
ralenth
Registered Users

I always bring with me what my family needs (not towels or pillows, though, unless someone tells me I need them, and my sister has on occasion asked!). Depends on who I'm visiting on whether I would use their stuff... My sister and I will often try each others shampoo when I visit. I'd never do that at my ILs, though. What we have at home is fine for anyone to use, though I don't stock anything separate. Nor would I run out and buy it.
ralenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #23
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:
I expect that houseguests will use ours(which i have no problem with). When i go somewhere we can always use what is in the person's bathroom. However i bring our own and then I leave it there too.

I consider it like food, toilet paper or kleenex. You aren't expected to bring your own. I only take our own so i can leave it since they spend enough feeding us & such. I figure it us giving back a little
Old 03-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #24
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

I have a huge stock of stuff and if they want to use it they can. I always put fresh shampoo and stuff in the shower when someone stays over. At my parents house it is combo of us, my brother's family, and my sister and her partner. We all just take turns stocking the bathroom and if you dont like what someone else puts in there then buy your own. Everywhere else we take our own.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #25
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

I keep a basket full of travel/trial sized shampoos, conditioners, body wash, toothpaste, new toothbrushes, lotion, etc for guests. If they don't like those brands, they're more than welcome to use our regular everyday stuff. If they're still too picky to use any of that, then they can buy their own stuff.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #26
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannaVB View Post
We always have a basket of hotel soap, shampoo, and conditioner. We also have sealed toothbrushes and travel size toothpaste and floss that we get free every dentist visit available to guests.

We always bring our own shampoo, etc. I also bring towels, pillows and a few blankets. The only thing I don't usually bring is TP and kleenex.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #27
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We keep all the extras from hotels and keep them in our guest bath. But if guest shower upstairs (only a jetted tub in that bathroom), then they would see our stuff their and I wouldn't care if they used it. I am not comfortable sharing toothpaste, anything else, sure.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #28
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our only houseguests have been family, they always bring their own stuff, but if they forget something they are welcome to ours.

I always bring my own.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #29
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

I keep a basket under the guest bathroom sink with shampoo, conditioner, soap NIP, toothbrushes NIP, toothpaste, floss, sposie razors, and lotion. I pull it out and leave it on the counter with a stack of towels when people arrive.

Sometimes it's stuff we have extra of, sometimes it's trial sized, sometimes it's just stuff I wanted to try once and hated the smell or texture of.

I bring things with me when I travel, but that's mostly out of habit because I keep a travel case packed with toiletries and all I do is replenish/check when we are going somewhere. It's a holdover from when I used to travel for work.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #30
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are free to use our stuff, but since we use bar soap I tend to have body wash from hotels on hand for those who want it or spare fresh bars.

With most of our guests we have had them use some of our stuff and bring some of their own as well because most of them have that one product they only use one brand of and they know we don't use that brand. But some use our stuff.

When we go to most peoples house we just use their stuff, we tend to have a few things of our own, but it depends on the visit and how far we have come (sometimes we have less on us). We have never had an issue with sharing stuff with friends or family. Most of the people we visit tend to be very gracious hosts
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote