Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #111
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love this thread, and can't believe I missed out in most of it earlier! (Stupid job!) I'm so happy that I'm not the only one out there that isn't perfect! I'll confess a bit
- my kids watch a fair amount of tv, and know many jingles from commercials. ( my five year old frequently asks me, "what can you do in 5 hours?")
- I buy the dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets in the 4 lb box, and the bag of 144 fish sticks- monthly!
- both of my kids play the ipad for at least an hour per day ( some of its educational)
- my kids are so into characters, I, ( yes me) own both a Muno shirt and a Power Rangers shirt
- I can sing every song that has been sung on Yo Gabba Gabba
- my 2 yr old and I shared 1/3 batch of the chocolate chip cookie dough for dinner on Tuesday night, with raw eggs in it that we're neither cage free or natural grain fed while my hubby ate velveta on Doritos
- my five year old is fascinated by zombies, and has watched several zombie movies and a few episodes of The Walking Dead ( for those of you wondering, yes, I am the one who started that heated thread about Zombie Apocolypse last year, he he. It's still one of his favorite movies!)

There are so many more things, but I do cloth diaper about 75% of the time, recycle religiously, use mama cloth and cook from scratch at least once a week.

Advertisement

MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #112
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Love this!

I let my kids stay up late tonight to color easter eggs because i wanted to be the first to color with them and "beat" my mil to it. Yep purely selfish reasons.
dncegrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #113
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASahm

I just had to add to this one. My 13 month old knows how to open the iPad from sleep mode. Pushes home button, swipes, and picks the angry birds app and turns on the cartoons. He is a FREAK about technology.
Yup, my 19 month old can navigate the iPad through the apps and YouTube!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASahm
This is one if the best threads I have read in awhile!

For pp whose kids know how to turn on a DVD. When and how did you teach them that?!?!?

Here's one that hasn't been said yet. I'm a SAHM with a cleaning lady. I would go back to work before I would fire her. She does my laundry too....

NOT FAIR!!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #114
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I CD for two main reasons. 1. I'm cheap. 2. Other people said I wouldn't stick with it and I HAVE to win.

I cook most of our meals from scratch, because I'm too cheap to buy things I could make myself.
A huge portion of the toys in our house are plastic.
My two year old regularly steals his brother's iPod, unlocks it and opens games.
When DS1 wakes up early, I offer him the iPad for a show so I can sleep longer.
I rarely buy organic unless it happens to be on sale.
Our tv is on pretty much all day.
We regularly spend all day inside because the weather here sucks, and I hate getting both kids bundled up to go out just to have them whine about going in 5 minutes later.

And right now, I'm dying the slipcover to my couch a darker color because its got so many stains because we eat on the couch so much.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 AM   #115
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: No good will come from this thread - talk me DOWN mamas...

My kids devoured the girl scout cookies in no time and as previous poster's child they sneaked them. My son has started this thing where he whispers secrets and my 2.5 year old picked up the habit. Her secret loudly whispered is always I want cookies.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:23 AM   #116
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpmercury View Post
My kids devoured the girl scout cookies in no time and as previous poster's child they sneaked them. My son has started this thing where he whispers secrets and my 2.5 year old picked up the habit. Her secret loudly whispered is always I want cookies.
Mine too. Mine too.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #117
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

I'm super late to this party, but let me confess that I drink an entire pot of CAFFEINATED coffee daily, and I'm BREASTFEEDING. I didn't even give it up when I was pregnant.

I like to say, I'm not crunchy I'm c just heap. Vinegar as cleaner? Yes please! I can use it for every thing and its like .25c a bottle. Family cloth, cloth diapers and unpaper towels? Of corse! but not to save the planet, I just don't want to buy TRASH! It's like throwing away money.

I've got to add, I am so surprised there are so many non cloth mamas on a cloth diapering forum. It's cracking me up!

please forgive all typos due to auto correct's lack of mind reading abilities. :-)

Last edited by theonenonlymrssmith; 03-29-2013 at 09:32 AM.
theonenonlymrssmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #118
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OK so I voted republican too--I get really nervous to type that lol!

I am 36 weeks pregnant and do have coffee everyday. Even after the study that says you have smaller babies--so I bought preemie diapers. With 3 kiddos I need coffee and I even drink the gross coffee dh makes.

I cd bc I hate buying things I throw away I feel like I am wasting money--reads cheap.

I bf'ed all of my kids--main reason--I heard it is easier to lose weight after pregnancy seriously all the other benefits were bonus main reason was to lose weight.

My children also know all the jingles to songs and say things like "Subway eat fresh" and "My debut album"

I feed my dogs pedigree--I shutter at the thought.

When I have pregnancy cravings my 19 month old dd shares Ben and Jerry pints with me at 9 am. And egg and cheese biscuits from Jack's
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #119
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Oh fun!!

I do not recycle. My DH wants me to try, so *most* pop/beer cans go in the bin but if I have to wash it then it goes in the trash.
I love paper plates - we use them always, and plastic silverwear/cups when I have morning sickness.
We burn everything - or at least try. A little used up car oil on most things will help it break down.
We used to pump washwater out the side of our house, but we moved and this house is suppose to be cheaper.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #120
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
OK so I voted republican too--I get really nervous to type that lol!
I would be scared to write that on here too! You are not alone though - we also voted the 'right' way

Last edited by CntryMama; 03-29-2013 at 09:49 AM.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote