Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #31
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Re: No good will come from this thread - talk me DOWN mamas...

So glad for this thread. Im growing more and more cruncy, especially considering my non crunchy roots. I eat a whole foods diet for the most part, and organics when budget and availablity allow. I use all natural cleaning products, and all cloth except cds and toilet paper. I use allnatural hba products, and the kids wear second hand clothing most of the time. And still in stead of feeling proud of accomplishing what is important to me and giving myself props for how far I have come ( learning about nutrition and finding my way around a kitchen mostly) I find myself feling guilty for all my shortcomings. This week has been rough, too many kitchen disasters and too much unhappy parenting. It s okay not to be perfect!

Advertisement

happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #32
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't even know what my kids are up to. I'm 30 miles away from them for almost 10 hours a day 5x a week and can remain blissfully ignorant and unaware.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #33
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASahm View Post

What in the world did you say to them? Don't worry, she's just turning into the marshmallow man from ghostbusters. It's all a part of the natural process.

I personally think marshmallows and puff should be a food group.
I just told them it must be a reaction to something she ate. I can't out myself to them!!! Lol.

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #34
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My daycare provider tells me I'm slacking as a mom cuz my 2 1/2 year old DS can't put on socks and Velcro shoes or his coat. He answers "red" to the question of color, regardless of color. He knows the little Einstein song by heart, along with Thomas and Micky. I've downloaded them on Apple TV so they are available as needed. They were needed this morning. Heavily. And he's wearing a sposie. As I watch Food Inc and swear I'm going all organic, while we eat boxed Mac and cheese I dream of owning a goat.

We all have dreams.

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.

Eta: auto correct changed my original post to putting on gelato shoes. I HAD to write that.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 03-28-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #35
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisu View Post
I'll also add this:

Today's breakfast? Thin Mints. Apparently I was doing a terrible job of putting their need for food before my need for coffee.

LOVE IT!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #36
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I have one kid on the Kindle, one popping packing bubbles while watching tv, and another sleeping on me while I surf DS. None of them are in cloth although it is all clean. I do not want to do any more laundry than need be for a house of 6! In fact, I have 3 baskets of clean laundry I have failed to fold.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #37
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post

Ever feel like you are the only one here who isn't pre-chewing food for your kids, wearing natural hemp clothes and babywearing your five year old???

I REALLY am not one to stir the pot but I feel like I need to stand up on the table and scream ... MY KID IS WEARING A SPOSIE

I feel like such a sham (IE fake - not SAHM spelled wrong) You know mama of 5 who homeschools on a farm SOUNDS so crunchy - I don't even own birkensocks AND I drive an SUV!

Sorry I think this is a kidney stone induced insanity thread ... resume your normal lives everyone.
Don't you know it is all about baby led weaning. It must also be done according to a strict script. If you don't follow it exactly you are not doing baby led weaning. Absolutely nothing must be pureed or pre-chewed. If your child gags and vomits on chunks you are doing things wrong.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #38
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko

Don't you know it is all about baby led weaning. It must also be done according to a strict script. If you don't follow it exactly you are not doing baby led weaning. Absolutely nothing must be pureed or prechewed. If your child gags and vomits on chunks you are doing things wrong.
You are threatening to wake up my son with my explosive laughter at your post. Which is also strictly forbidden- i must follow his natural schedule, not mine!!!

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Old 03-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #39
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More

You are threatening to wake up my son with my explosive laughter at your post. Which is also strictly forbidden- i must follow his natural schedule, not mine!!!

Aww shoot. I really DID wake him up! Add to my list tiptoeing around my house for another half hour hoping he "quietly plays".

Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #40
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
My daycare provider tells me I'm slacking as a mom cuz my 2 1/2 year old DS can't put on socks and Velcro shoes or his coat. He answers "red" to the question of color, regardless of color. He knows the little Einstein song by heart, along with Thomas and Micky. I've downloaded them on Apple TV so they are available as needed. They were needed this morning. Heavily. And he's wearing a sposie. As I watch Food Inc and swear I'm going all organic, while we eat boxed Mac and cheese I dream of owning a goat.

We all have dreams.

Eta: auto correct changed my original post to putting on gelato shoes. I HAD to write that.
I told my 6 year old to put his socks on yesterday. We were in a rush. He looked at me and told me he didn't know how. I told him he had to know how and he told me "No mama, I don't. You always do it for me 'cause it is faster.You always tie my shoes too"

You know those moments when you think you may be failing your kids?
I had one of those moments.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote