Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
omgoodgravy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Names = Personality??

Do you know anyone with a particular name who is just drama filled and then meet another person with that name and they are the same way??
I have a cousin who is a mess she is a drama filled whiny cry baby. and crazy! She also shares a name with my neighbors sons now ex wife (I spent many years with them as "friends") she was drama filled, instigating, mean, hateful, whiny, cry baby. And crazy!! Ok so I start to see a trend.
Then my DH gave a daughter up for adoption almost 19 years ago and he has been trying to contact her for a few years. The birthmom has the same name as my cousin and neighbors X-DIL. She is crazy, whiny, drama filled, crybaby!
So I am curious is it me or do you know people with same names that have similar personalities?

Also, my poor DD is having drama in our neighborhood with a girl. She started having drama with a girl in school too and they have the same name!

Advertisement

omgoodgravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Names = Personality??

Okay, you have to tell the name!!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samandy
Okay, you have to tell the name!!!!

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know about girl names but ds is Max and the name fits him to a tee. You know how in cartoons or shows Max is always a bit onery and a bit of a trouble maker? Yeah - that's ds. Every other Max we've encountered is the same way too. He fits his name well.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
omgoodgravy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I dont want to offend anyone. It is just me and my experiences and I would hate to offend others. I just find it odd that I know personally 3 women who do not know each other and have a similar personality, could all spend a little time in the crazy bin and have the name Kelly.
Now I do want to say I have met some other Kellys in life that have been very nice.
My DD's name is Megan.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have never met a nice person with one particular name. I mean I have probably met 10 or more, semi common name I think. Not Jennifer or that common. They have all been either down right nasty or back stabbing type. I work with one and she is the back stabbing type. I cringed when a friend used it as a middle name for her DD. Though I don't know about it as a middle name. Just first name.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
rachelwilber
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh I completely know what you mean my sister is one of those names that every one I know with her name acts just like her. Also as a school teacher it was the same with which child acted out the most and those children's names where all the same!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes. The name Amber. I have met 4 very mean Ambers IRL. I'm sure there are nice ones everywhere but the ones I've known are downright mean.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I hope no one gets offended. It's clear (to me anyway) that you are saying what you have experienced and not that you think all people named *insertname* are horrible people or anything.

I actually have had that experience, though never with the name Kelly. With me it was a very popular name when I was growing up, and yes, I have met a few very nice people with this name but I think the negative people (3 individuals) stand out way more because they weren't just negative they were really awful. The name is Heather. And again, I absolutely do not think anyone with that name is a bad person, nor do I form any biased opinions from past experiences upon meeting a person with this name. Just that I have noticed that three really not so great people I have encountered in my life happen to have the same name.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
omgoodgravy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samandy View Post
Well I hope no one gets offended. It's clear (to me anyway) that you are saying what you have experienced and not that you think all people named *insertname* are horrible people or anything.

I actually have had that experience, though never with the name Kelly. With me it was a very popular name when I was growing up, and yes, I have met a few very nice people with this name but I think the negative people (3 individuals) stand out way more because they weren't just negative they were really awful. The name is Heather. And again, I absolutely do not think anyone with that name is a bad person, nor do I form any biased opinions from past experiences upon meeting a person with this name. Just that I have noticed that three really not so great people I have encountered in my life happen to have the same name.
Yes this exactly!! Actually after I read this I remembered that I have met a very super nice Kelly, just that the 3 really do stand out.

Last edited by omgoodgravy; 03-28-2013 at 07:19 PM.