Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
omgoodgravy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Names = Personality??

Quote:
Originally Posted by universe2 View Post
....*sniff sniff* my name is Kelly!

haha JK BUT I do know 2 Kellys both are actually very nice a sweet ladies

=) but that's so crazy you know 3 women like that! i'd be so creeped out hahah
I am very sure there are many nice Kelly's out there, maybe the crazy ones find me LOL!!! I did mention earlier that I do know a very nice girl named Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblepurr View Post
Between my sister and I we know 5 Heather's that we feel are our respective crosses to bear, and we reference them as my Heather, your Heather, SIL's Heather, Heather that works with ____ and Heather we went to school with... For what it's worth, I don't associate the name with any negativity, I know 2 wonderful Heather's and loved the name so much in HS as to call my pet mouse Heather. But my sister upon hearing SIL's drama with her Heather, moaned, "OOhhh, nooo! Not another HEATHER!! We already have too many! What is wrong with that name?!?"
I still like the name Heather though
My sister and I know about 4 Jen's and we have names for them too. We call one Big Truck Jen (she drove a big truck...real creative there!) The other's are like yours my Jen, her Jen, and then just Jen.

Advertisement

omgoodgravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #22
xtin
Registered Users
seller

I've never met someone named Amber, Heather, or Angela who wasn't a complete hot mess. Just my experience, of course.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #23
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

In my life experience most Alexis' or variations were meanies to me and Kevin's were trouble makers.

There were tons of names I had to avoid when naming my lo's because of children I had when teaching ruined them for me.

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #24
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Kristy seems to be a harbinger of doom in my life. If anyone can cut me down in a proud moment, her name will undoubtably be Kristy.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #25
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblepurr View Post
Between my sister and I we know 5 Heather's that we feel are our respective crosses to bear, and we reference them as my Heather, your Heather, SIL's Heather, Heather that works with ____ and Heather we went to school with... For what it's worth, I don't associate the name with any negativity, I know 2 wonderful Heather's and loved the name so much in HS as to call my pet mouse Heather. But my sister upon hearing SIL's drama with her Heather, moaned, "OOhhh, nooo! Not another HEATHER!! We already have too many! What is wrong with that name?!?"
I still like the name Heather though
lol

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #26
weazieann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgoodgravy View Post
I dont want to offend anyone. It is just me and my experiences and I would hate to offend others. I just find it odd that I know personally 3 women who do not know each other and have a similar personality, could all spend a little time in the crazy bin and have the name Kelly.
Now I do want to say I have met some other Kellys in life that have been very nice.
My DD's name is Megan.
I know 2 crazy Kelly's!! One is SO's ex.

No offense to any other Kelly's!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I get it, OP. I've known several Heather's like that, but I'm sure there's many nice ones out there, too.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #28
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

I only know one Heather and she's snobby I know a VERY sweet Kelly. I agree with Brandi's being evil!

In our family I would be dis-owned if I named a child Christopher. Every Christopher we've ever met is hyper, crazy, angry and artisitic.

I'm not a fan of Michelle's either - sorry Michelle's I have met a few nice ones BUT every guy I ever dated (and DH) have ALL dated a Michelle before me. It's a LOT MUCH to live up to. Then my name is Melissa which is second only to Michelle for popular names my age, so I constantly got called Michelle OFTEN by parents of those I dated and my MIL, sometime by accident from the guy I was seeing (or DH) at first.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #29
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There were two guys named Josh who I had enormous crushes on in high school. Their last names were only different by one letter, also. They were both total charmers, ladies man types.

The Laura's I've known have been really sweet and kind, and one is a very close friend. When I was teaching, there were a couple of really naughty Jonathan's...I swore I would never name my son Jonathan...but I ended up marrying one instead. He was probably a stinker as a little kid, too.

Last edited by Celeste; 03-29-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #30
omgoodgravy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
I only know one Heather and she's snobby I know a VERY sweet Kelly. I agree with Brandi's being evil!

In our family I would be dis-owned if I named a child Christopher. Every Christopher we've ever met is hyper, crazy, angry and artisitic.

I'm not a fan of Michelle's either - sorry Michelle's I have met a few nice ones BUT every guy I ever dated (and DH) have ALL dated a Michelle before me. It's a LOT MUCH to live up to. Then my name is Melissa which is second only to Michelle for popular names my age, so I constantly got called Michelle OFTEN by parents of those I dated and my MIL, sometime by accident from the guy I was seeing (or DH) at first.
LOL!!!! I am the OP and my name is Michele...I am very nice I make everyone say that LOL!!
omgoodgravy is offline   Reply With Quote