Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: Neighbors kid-what would you have done?

I misunderstood. I incorrectly assumed that he wss in your home. In his house you really cannot enforce your own personal idea of what language is acceptable. If the child uses language that is allowed in his home, then your choice is really to put up with it or leave.

I get that your LO likes to play with the older kids. But, you have to remember that different homes are okay with different behavior and language - especially as children get older. Things my 5 year old wasn't allowed to say are things that routinely come out of his mouth nowat 12 years old.

z2akids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
Registered Users
Re: Neighbors kid-what would you have done?

I understand that. I also know what his parents do and don't allow, and have watched them tell him NOT to say what he did. Again though, it really wasn't as much the language, which wasnt that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, it was that when I nicely asked him to please watch his mouth he was extremely disrespectful--in body language and verbally.

But, lesson learned. I know that if it happens again I'll just get up and walk out.
Bellydancing, Jesus-loving, cloth-diapering ecologist and Mommy to Michael Christopher, born July 8, 2010!!

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty!

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time!
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote