Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stroller Junkies

I currently have a bugaboo.....which of course is huge, awkward as it's in two parts(seat and chasse sp?) but I adore it for younger babies.....currently 16 months. He is so cozy in it and I have the bugaboo footmuff/bunting that completely covers him up in the cold winter, so no flyaway blankets etc. I seriously cannot go ANYWHERE without at least one person saying how great it is and how snug he looks in it.

I will downsize probably next(not this) spring as I don't think it fits the older kids well. #1 on my list is the mama's and papa's sola. I feel it's a slim version of the bugaboo with great wheels, slimmer frame, nice and modern. I pushed it around in the store, don't "think" it's too heavy. I will have to investigate more at the time, see how heavy my child is etc. I recently saw someone with it at the zoo and looked great, nice ride....

http://www.babysden.com/index.php/ma..._store=default

Someone here on DS has it from a previous stroller thread I know......

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #12
settles
Registered Users
seller

We have a baby jogger summit and city select ad love both of them!
settles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #13
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a city mini and sold it to fund a valco snap. It is awesome. It has all the features I wanted in a full-size stroller (good canopy, recline, basket) but in a 13 pound package!
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #14
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to badly to love the Bugaboo. We went 3 or 4 times to buy it. I wanted the pink one. But I couldn't get over having to take it apart to fold it. That is a deal breaker for me.

Next we were really close to a city select. But the seat is so small! At 4, DD didn't fit. We walk a long way in the neighborhood after dark each night, so huge kids have to fit. DD is 6 and fits in the city mini fine.

We originally bought the city mini for Disney. It is the perfect public transportation stroller. But it quickly replaced our P3 and Mac Triumph as our day-to-day stroller. I love the fold for grab and go.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep, if the bugaboo were one piece then it would be perfect! I can do it super quick though. But I've basically banned DH from the bugaboo as he always does something weird when folding it. Last week we went out of town and MIL had the kids.....I left her the Maclaren as I knew the bugaboo would be too hard to figure out as it's a real knack.

I did try the city mini in the store and loved that. That's what I was going to get before I got the bugaboo in my head.....
Old 03-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #16
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

I adore my UppaBaby Vista. I like the wheels on it better than the Cruz and it just seems... sturdier... to me than the Cruz. I love the reversible seat, the bassinet, and the huge sunshade. I also like that I can make it a double, but that might not be important to you.

Last edited by lizgrace07; 03-29-2013 at 09:32 PM.
lizgrace07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #17
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

Yes, I'm a stroller junkie too!!

We started with the Tuetonia T300, which has handle bars that flip from front to back. It was great but a beast!

We now have 2 single Orbit G2's and the Orbit Double Helix, which allows the kids to ride tandem or we can run it as a single seater. The panniers (saddlebags) are great for shopping and carrying bags. They are compact and collapse quite thin. The ability to change to our needs plus all the options sold us (hence why we have 3 of them, lol!)

Oh, and my favorite feature is the ability to turn them in the seat. So when you go out to lunch, you can turn the kiddo toward the table without the stroller obstructing the walkways.
DD loves the skateboard!

Have fun shopping!!

Last edited by HugeBabyBoy; 03-30-2013 at 05:23 AM.
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola
I wanted to badly to love the Bugaboo. We went 3 or 4 times to buy it. I wanted the pink one. But I couldn't get over having to take it apart to fold it. That is a deal breaker for me.

Next we were really close to a city select. But the seat is so small! At 4, DD didn't fit. We walk a long way in the neighborhood after dark each night, so huge kids have to fit. DD is 6 and fits in the city mini fine.

We originally bought the city mini for Disney. It is the perfect public transportation stroller. But it quickly replaced our P3 and Mac Triumph as our day-to-day stroller. I love the fold for grab and go.
Taking apart is a deal breaker for me also. I have enough to unload and put away, I don't want to take apart the stroller.

I loved our citi mini but dd hated it. May have been her age honestly. I also didn't like the basket. It was the newer one with the upgraded features too.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #19
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

I love Peg Perego strollers! I had a 2003 P3 Pliko that I just replaced in 2011. I bought it new and it went trough 4 kids and 8 years before needing replaced. I replaced it with another P3 Pliko. I just love how it folds like an umbrella, it has the footboard for an older child to ride on, adjustable height handlebars, I love everything about it!

I also have a Mountain Buggy Urban Double that I am crazy about but it is heavy and doesn't fold small. It is narrow enough to fit through a single wide standard door. It also turns on a dime!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #20
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like my Moutain Buggy double too, but as PP said...it is heavy and doesn't fold well. They've redone the canopies since I bought mine (its 4 years old) and they are better than they used to be. You can't beat the push though. It is so nice! It lives in my living room because it is a PITA to fold.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 03-29-2013 at 10:43 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote