Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

DH blacked out at work

Dh just called me and said he was on his way home from work because he blacked out 3 times in an hour. What I've got so far is everything went black and he was dizzy. I'm home with 5 little ones so he called his brother to come and get him I guess. I'm kinda freaking out right now. I know I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight....I'll be checking on him all night. I told him to go to the ER if he needs to but he said no that we don't have the money.

Anybody have any experience with something like this? My head just keeps going with things that could have caused that.

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Could it be dehydration? I used to black out like that if dehydrated. Make sure he is drinking plenty.
It could also be an onset of illness (even just a cold) mixed with change in temperature. My client passed out a few days ago and now she just has a cold and the doctors say it was just the cold coming and she just blacked out.
Are there any free or cheap clinics he could go to to get checked out?
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would say go to ER. A bill you can pay off later, a life you can never buy back.

Even if he finds out nothing is wrong at least you will have peace if mind.

I will pray he is alright.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH blacked out at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
I would say go to ER. A bill you can pay off later, a life you can never buy back.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Jleigh8289
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B

This^^^

Not to be a pooper, but a friend's dad was having blackouts and dizzy spells and just let it go on. They thought it was vision problems or dehydration. Eventually he got so bad he couldn't remember how to work car doors or water faucets. They finally went in and had him checked out and found a tumor on his brain.

It probably isn't that! But it's always better to go get checked out than to wait and see. Maybe it was a bp spike or something like that?

Will be praying it is minor!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Jleigh8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well he's home now and it hasn't happened in almost 2 hours now. He won't go to the ER but he is going to the doctor tomorrow. He works nights so he'll be up all night and I'm sleeping on the couch next to him if I am able to sleep at all.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #7
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbabybows
Well he's home now and it hasn't happened in almost 2 hours now. He won't go to the ER but he is going to the doctor tomorrow. He works nights so he'll be up all night and I'm sleeping on the couch next to him if I am able to sleep at all.
Alright insist he goes to the dr. He has 5 babies to be here on earth for and you if course
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post

Yup. I don't have the money for 3 ER bills in just over 2 weeks. 2 Dr ordered! One I am expecting well over $2k because of all the tests ran. However I needed it done! I needed to make sure nothing life threatening was going on!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #9
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Is he prone to having low blood pressure or high? I am prone to low and so find it all too easy to faint. I also have low blood sugar issues which can compound it.

It could be a minor illness setting in making blood pressure dip lower. It could also have been a migraine from any number of stimuli (migraines don't always come with pain, and they can cause dizziness and blacking out). Is he exposed to a lot of chemicals, etc. at work? May the doctor have wisdom in addressing it tomorrow!

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #10
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
When was the last time he had eaten? I'm borderline hypoglycemic and most times if I don't eat often enough I'm just a total B and sluggish, but sometimes it hits me suddenly and I have to eat or I'll hit the floor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote