Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Fever and diaper area pain

Yesterday DS got a really high fever. It's under control with OTC meds but he's complaining of pain at the sides of his diapers. I've tried both front Velcro and side snapping and he says both hurt. He's not verbal enough to say if it's leg pain of groin pain and he won't point to any other area than the sides of his diapers. His diaper is on super loose now and he still says it hurts. To further complicate matters he's a bit of a liar. If you put him in the tub and he doesn't want to go he'll rub his eyes and say "Ow eyes" like he has shampoo in his eyes even though his head is still dry. Is there a fever related reason he could be in pain or is he just being grumpy? His diaper is barely on and he says it still hurts.

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
jcogar1
Registered Users
seller

First thought I had was a UTI. Although uncommon in little guys, it's possible. Hope he gets to feeling better quickly!
jcogar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fever and diaper area pain

Uti...I think u should call ur doc....

While he has a reason and experience to fake eye pain with a bath, he doesn't probably have a reason or experience with faking groin pain.

If he didn't have the fever, I would wait it out. But, given that both are present, I would def take him in.

Currently working on...Leading my heart where it should go....not yelling....and practicing patience.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like a UTI to me as well, if he was lying he would tell you "my leg hurts" "my penis hurts" but because he has no clue what exactly he feels he is just saying "something hurts." UTI would also cause a fever.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've had him naked for the last two hours and he hasn't complained of pain. But he also hasn't really answered the question for his sides. He's told me that his lower groin doesn't hurt but he won't really answer about his sides. He did poop yesterday so don't think that's the issue. He didn't enjoy being prodded but he didn't say it hurt.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When I get really high fevers it makes my thigh/legs ache, maybe that's why he's sore? When my ds had a UTI he cried whenever he peed hope he feels better soon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:

If ther is a possibility of UTI having him check by drs will be great just to make sure. If its UTI, great it be cured early, if not better so you would not worry anymore.
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote