Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Talk to me about skirties...

I've got the Eviepants pattern and it has a few different options for skirties. Are there other skirty patterns you like/recommend?

Where do you start the the waist or further down?

About how much yarn do you use for a M/L skirt (Obviously this will depend on the style and where you start)?

Anything else I need to know about skirties? This is my first girl after 5 boys so I've done lots of longies/shorties before I'm new to all things ruffly!

Forgot to add, I just finished these and they took exactly 2oz. of colorway and 1oz of trim so I've got that much left over. The bottom short row is a little wonky so I was thinking of maybe doing a skirt on these but I'm nervous for some reason. I definitely don't want to mess them up. Thoughts? What kind of skirt could I do with 2 oz of yarn that might conceal that messy short row and look good?

Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!

Last edited by bfoster2000; 03-29-2013 at 03:14 PM.
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Talk to me about skirties...

I've only done a couple of skirties as I found them too boring to knit, so I can't answer all the questions. I did start it close to the waist. I also used the Evie Pants pattern. I have used one of the free ones, too, but like Evie better. The other idea is you could just add ruffles to conceal, rather than a whole skirty. I did way more "rumba pants" than actual skirties.
Usborne books rep. Ask me about getting double free books! I knit and dye. I blog about it My WAHM thread My ISO/IHA
Beth~BFing, BWing group leading, non circing, vax delaying, cosleeping, AP, food eliminating, vegan mama to 1 sweet boy, 1 Hypnobabies baby girl and 2 bad kitties
Nachomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Talk to me about skirties...

This skirty part took less than 2oz of BBR. It's the pleated option in eviepants (the shorties under aren't eviepants).

Skirties are boring to knit but I think they're worth it.
chickabiddy is offline   Reply With Quote