Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chat Thread ~ Mar 24th - 30th

So close to April - can't believe it, mamas!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I know!!

I want my baby to come this week.....i feel like its this week. Ive always thought it would be the last week of march. We'll see if my intuition is right.
Dtd last night and got my normal charlie horse cramping. Plan on church, lunch, buying new bedding for the kid's new-to-us bunkbed while dh gets hardware and wood to finish assembly. So....busy day.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 24th - 30th

from last weeks' thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
When I say treat them I mean only the bad ones. Once a year-ish she gets them so bad she's screaming in pain, and has huge pustules that could burst any moment.
OMGoodness. I can't imagine the pain of that. Poor chickie. I'd definitely be doing some meds of some sort for that kinda infection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
At the last OB I went to, DH and the girls went to lunch, DD2 had a nap, they climbed all the stair cases in the building, and I was still waiting in the waiting room after 2.5 hours.

My DH is making lots of progress on the bedroom, as he is now ready to put the hardwood floor in.
My OB is really good at not making mamas wait, unless he's at the hospital (across the street from the office building) at a birth - and that I can at least understand, kwim? It's the ones that book a mama every 5 minutes and then take 15 minutes to see each one! I've seen some mamas wait and wait and wait... still waiting when I'm done and leaving - I feel bad for them!

for your DH getting progress made on renos too!
The worst part about DH getting around to stuff downstairs is that now I'm going to be jealous of DD's room! New paint, new light, nice flooring... when we're up here needing all those things, lol.

Meg - How's sweet Nate doing? Is he coming home today?!!!

Beth - How are things going with Rachel?

Eli - How's baby Harper doing? How are you feeling now that she's born - have your heart and breathing troubles eased? I sure hope so.

AFM: officially full-term today, 37 weeks. And it just hit me yesterday when I was talking to a friend that the u/s may indeed have been right, with Hiccup 4 days ahead... my cycles weren't 28d, they were only 25d, which would make for a 3 day difference - not much, but half a week is still a lot at this point!! I'm still going with the later of the 2 dates, feels like I have more time at least, lol.

I keep wanting to clean up - downstairs is a mess, obviously, and I just want to vacuum and sweep and wipe things down. I do realize how silly that is though! I just have to keep telling myself it'll only be another few days, then I can clean up... just a few days... just a few days!
I do have some things downstairs for Hiccup - I had gotten out the swing and seat and bassinet, to wash and let air out a bit. They're in the office/music/spare room, so I'm making sure to close that door tight if they're doing anything down there. Hopefully that will keep things at least usable still.

Levi's seat arrived on Friday - wasn't expecting it until next week, so We got it installed in the van yesterday, pulled out his old one and I've got it taken apart to clean and wash. Then back it'll go for Hiccup
We're not sure how things will work in the van - for now we're going to try Hiccup and Levi in the middle, putting all 3 older kids in the back... together... YIKES! If that doesn't work out, we'll have to put Levi in the back, middle seat - but we'll see. It'd be much easier for buckling if the 2 in car seats are in the middle, kwim?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm really crampy today :-/
DS has been sick since Wednesday night, with some kind of chest cold, and crazy fevers. I've been giving him tylonol and ibuprofen basically around the clock just to keep it down but we might need to go in tomorrow since its just not getting better. I'm tired!
Sorry, just a vent I guess today.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
A little crampy here too...

38 weeks!! Doula gets back into town on Friday, I think. So that's the first goal. Then Easter and 39 weeks. Then what happens is allowed to happen

DD slept through the night last night - thank goodness! I slept as well as a congested pregnant lady could, which was pretty good - atleast no 1-2 hrs of laying awake after kiddo woke me up.

DH is pregnant, I think. Lol. Well, atleast he's been all 'I want something, but nothing we have' and 'I want to do something, but I don't know what' while laying himself out on the couch at night. Sounds a lot like me...
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
from last weeks' thread...

OMGoodness. I can't imagine the pain of that. Poor chickie. I'd definitely be doing some meds of some sort for that kinda infection!

My OB is really good at not making mamas wait, unless he's at the hospital (across the street from the office building) at a birth - and that I can at least understand, kwim? It's the ones that book a mama every 5 minutes and then take 15 minutes to see each one! I've seen some mamas wait and wait and wait... still waiting when I'm done and leaving - I feel bad for them!

for your DH getting progress made on renos too!
The worst part about DH getting around to stuff downstairs is that now I'm going to be jealous of DD's room! New paint, new light, nice flooring... when we're up here needing all those things, lol.

Meg - How's sweet Nate doing? Is he coming home today?!!!

Beth - How are things going with Rachel?

Eli - How's baby Harper doing? How are you feeling now that she's born - have your heart and breathing troubles eased? I sure hope so.

AFM: officially full-term today, 37 weeks. And it just hit me yesterday when I was talking to a friend that the u/s may indeed have been right, with Hiccup 4 days ahead... my cycles weren't 28d, they were only 25d, which would make for a 3 day difference - not much, but half a week is still a lot at this point!! I'm still going with the later of the 2 dates, feels like I have more time at least, lol.

I keep wanting to clean up - downstairs is a mess, obviously, and I just want to vacuum and sweep and wipe things down. I do realize how silly that is though! I just have to keep telling myself it'll only be another few days, then I can clean up... just a few days... just a few days!
I do have some things downstairs for Hiccup - I had gotten out the swing and seat and bassinet, to wash and let air out a bit. They're in the office/music/spare room, so I'm making sure to close that door tight if they're doing anything down there. Hopefully that will keep things at least usable still.

Levi's seat arrived on Friday - wasn't expecting it until next week, so We got it installed in the van yesterday, pulled out his old one and I've got it taken apart to clean and wash. Then back it'll go for Hiccup
We're not sure how things will work in the van - for now we're going to try Hiccup and Levi in the middle, putting all 3 older kids in the back... together... YIKES! If that doesn't work out, we'll have to put Levi in the back, middle seat - but we'll see. It'd be much easier for buckling if the 2 in car seats are in the middle, kwim?
Another few days, another few days!!

Glad the seat arrived early, tgsts always nice!! & i totally get the carseat issue. Ds still cant buckle hinself and he will be in the back if the pilot:/
Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I'm really crampy today :-/
DS has been sick since Wednesday night, with some kind of chest cold, and crazy fevers. I've been giving him tylonol and ibuprofen basically around the clock just to keep it down but we might need to go in tomorrow since its just not getting better. I'm tired!
Sorry, just a vent I guess today.
Hope he feels better soon, ya kniw, before the baby comes!!! I know you and i are neck and neck with the impending arrival......eeeeek. Everyone needs to stay healthy!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
A little crampy here too...

38 weeks!! Doula gets back into town on Friday, I think. So that's the first goal. Then Easter and 39 weeks. Then what happens is allowed to happen

DD slept through the night last night - thank goodness! I slept as well as a congested pregnant lady could, which was pretty good - atleast no 1-2 hrs of laying awake after kiddo woke me up.

DH is pregnant, I think. Lol. Well, atleast he's been all 'I want something, but nothing we have' and 'I want to do something, but I don't know what' while laying himself out on the couch at night. Sounds a lot like me...
My dh was def preggo with me.....gained as much weight as i did!!!

Dd didnt come into our bed until 650am so thats practically all night

Im really wanting to go to bible study tuesday, its a new one that i really, really want to learn from. I hope to go! I also hate that we may miss easter sunday service:/ im crampy, my pubic bones hurt and my hips ache
Old 03-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

39 Weeks tomorrow. Still planning on doing the sweep Tuesday afternoon or maybe even Wednesday morning if baby hasn't come yet. DH doesn't really want to do the sweep, he wants to wait but I am confident that it won't work unless baby is ready. I wish I would have never had the MW check me at 36 weeks because walking around knowing I am so dilated and effaced has made me crazy antsy.
My work situation has turned upside down. I could 'possibly' get a huge promotion since our manager quit but I would have to come off maternity leave entirely too soon~ but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I have no idea if it will work out so I am not going to stress about it?
We are going to do the belly cast today and probably relax since it's supposed to rain/sleet/snow today and tomorrow. At some point I need to get Easter things together. I did tell DH that I am buying a Heavenly Ham-OMG and then I can make all the side dishes and desserts. Just planning on us and maybe my parents.
What are you getting your LO- 3ish for their Easter baskets? I was thinking chalk, a stuffed talking animal, goldfish crackers, and maybe a piece of candy or 2.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
andrea020611
Registered Users

Wow - so many of you ladies are getting so close I'll be 36 weeks on Tuesday, but this is my last full week of work coming up, so I'm very excited for that!

We finally bought a new (to us) car. We agonized over vans vs cars/SUVs and ended up with a Honda Accord. It will do us nicely for a few years with 2 kids, and if we have a third we can buy a van and I can use the Accord to commute to work. Problem solved, I hope!!

We just need to buy the last of our home birth supplies, and then I think we're all set for baby.

I'll be keeping a close watch on the forum this week, sounds like we'll have some more babies!!!