Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheworld
Here are a few pictures:

"Sugar and Spice"

"Irish Princesses"
Cute!! My phone isn't allowing me to add photos of my shower!!
Congrats on the twins!!

Advertisement

alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
aroundtheworld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby shower is tomorrow :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan View Post
Cute!! My phone isn't allowing me to add photos of my shower!!
Congrats on the twins!!
Thank you! I'm very excited about having these girls.

I'd really enjoy seeing photos from your shower if you can get to a pc at some point.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, your party looks amazing! How fun!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #14
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you guys from Northern or Southern Ireland? We're Belfast/Bangor!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheworld View Post
Here are a few pictures:

"Sugar and Spice"

"Irish Princesses"

mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #15
tricia17lee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Here are a few pictures:

"Sugar and Spice"

"Irish Princesses"
So sweet. Looks like a great party.
tricia17lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #16
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
I had two showers last weekend. They were so fun! The first one was thrown and attended by friends. It was a "Sugar and Spice" themed shower with brunch food and drinks. Gorgeous and such a good time. My next shower was thrown by my sister, mom, and SIL and only family attended. It was an "Irish Princesses" themed shower (I'm having twin girls) and they did a phenomenal job on food and decor! Great visiting with everyone and we were so grateful to be blessed with so many lovely and helpful gifts.

These girls will make our 5th and 6th babies, but we had showers because not only has it been over 9 years since my one and only daughter was born, but they were needed due to having to have double of everything! Normally I would have a Blessingway with my babies, but this go around is a totally different ball game.
I had never heard of a Blessingway before, but I saw this and google it and I love it. My friend's been wanting to do a little shower but this is perfect for me!
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #17
homeschoolkitty
Registered Users
seller

wow, cute pictures.

I am having my shower tomorrow. it is my 4th baby. in our church we tend to pass things down to the next mama. I was blessed not to have to buy pants this time around. after I had my Second baby I felt like I was hording what I had so I gave it all away. Very small house anyway. since then I had another baby... and all the necessities were provided. I do have a stash of overly stain things that I am too ashamed to even give to goodwill.

I did not have a shower for the middle kids though my friends 3 girls got together with me and watched a movie with one year and the next kid was a diaper making time w/nice dinner with another 3 friends.
2 yrs ago one of those girls lost her baby after one wk. we knew baby was gonna be born w/conplications, etc. but I felt bad in my heart that we did not do a shower for her. so this time I organized one for her and we had a grand time celebrating life. some older friends that attended and new a little of our family financial situation then asked me if I wanted a freezer food and diapers shower.... I was moved. she new that a few months ago we had way too much month left and no $ for milk, etc.
now I feel funny as I did not do a shower to hint I wanted one. I realize some of the people felt funny at her shower as they saw me big, saying what do you need? etc.
I am trying not to think about it and not compare.

I will enjoy the presence and the love of those there! and fill up my freezer. will likely get pampers... but i'll receive them gratefully. as the main reason we don't do disposies is cost.
I do wish for nice things but I don't want to get my hopes up. I know my mom will buy me something nice. for the rest that I need i'm glad that garage sale is in season!

have fun u mamas that still have showers to attend!

mamas that don't have one my best wishes for you and babies to come! invite a few friends get some chocolate, have hubby go to an outing with kids! and watch a movie or teach them to make diapers or have them help you set up baby things!
homeschoolkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #18
ckramer528
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm so thankful my family is throwing us another shower even those we had our DD 15 months ago. We're having a boy this time around so he thankfully won't have all pink stuff! My shower is on the 25th and I can't wait to celebrate with everyone. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that DS doesn't decide to show up too early!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DS Forum
Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #19
ckramer528
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm so thankful that our family is throwing us another baby shower despite having our DD in February of last year. We're having a boy this time around so it'll be nice that he'll have non-girly items. Our shower is at the end of this month. Now I'm just praying that he doesn't come too early!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DS Forum