Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ideal bedtime routine

What would your ideal bedtime routine for the kids be? Assuming that you and DH are always home at night and could do anything you all wanted and had plenty of time. We are moving in two weeks and I want to start a new routine, but want to make sure I do it right. I usually do it all since I'm home alone-get them ready, sing them 3 songs each, then leave them. I always kept it short because I needed me time, and sometimes I had the baby with me too.
When DH does it I do teeth/diapers/pajamas and then he lays down with them (which I dislike). Not sure if we should make a routine that incorporates us both (what if one of us is unavailable and it messes up routine?). Should we take turn doing bedtime? I just don't want to mess this up since dd1 is fairly rigid and might fight a change, so it should start out the way we want it.

Advertisement

SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
~~School Night Schedule~~
6:40pm - The 5 and 2yo bathe together and while they do that the 7yo does some homework or watches a cartoon. They get 20 minutes in the bath.

7:00pm - When the 1st 2 are done the 7yo gets in the bath. While he's bathing the other 2 are putting PJs on, getting a snack, and brushing teeth.

7:15pm - the younger 2 are put to bed with kisses and hugs.

7:20pm - the 7yo gets his PJs on, snack, and brushes his teeth

7:30pm - 7yo goes to bed

We have plenty of time for stories and song during the day and they are fine without them at bedtime. This works for us.

~~Weekend Schedule~~
The 5 and 7 year old go to bed around 10 or 11pm. The 2yo goes to bed at about 9 sometimes earlier. They get baths in the morn unless they are super dirty, then they will bathe after dinner.

ETA: We have no routine for the 14 year old. He just showers in the morn and is in bed by 8:30pm.

ETA, again: I do the bedtime routines alone and if DH is home he'll help. It's never been a problem for us.

Last edited by Tina5834; 04-04-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote