Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma

If shes having normal poops at home, then shes not impacted, just a nervous pooper. Talking to her about it is the best thing to do.

Sent from my droid
She can poop everyday at home and still have a full colon. This was my friends son. I'm 100% sure if this. We discuss it all the time. She even had him in counseling thinking he popped cause he hated her. Once she treated it as an over stretched colon, he manages much better. But like I said- get an X-ray.

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
I will def talk to her about it and consult the dr.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #13
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help! Almost 7yo is coming home from school with poopy underwear.

I would talk to the teacher and find out if they can really only use it in emergencies or if that's the way your dd interpreted what the teacher said.

Let the teacher know what is going on & they may let her(encourage her) to go more often instead of holding it in.

She may be not wanting to go to school if some of the kids have commented on her smelling, which if it has happened is going to keep her from wanting to go even more.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
mkrisel
Registered Users

As a teacher, I know that I always let kids go to the bathroom, but often ask if they can wait until recess. Some kids say yes because they don't want to disappoint or think they will be in trouble. If I think this is the case, I stop asking . Hopefully it is something similar in her classroom. And please talk to the teacher, I'm sure she doesn't want this happening to your dd. I have no advice, but hugs and hope this is resolved quickly!
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #15
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
M

Last edited by mmmom; 04-21-2013 at 10:56 AM.
mmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #16
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
My friends son has this. Same age. And she kept thinking it wasn't the following and emotional or just plain squirts . After a year, she gets the X-ray to see impaction.

She has likely held it to the point of impacting. She will need to be flushed for 10 days to unstretch the colon. Cap full of miralx and limit binding foods. Lots of blue gaterade. Once you see blue poop, then she is flushed, but keep up the miralax.

You could confirm this with an xray
I was going to suggest the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
She can poop everyday at home and still have a full colon. This was my friends son. I'm 100% sure if this. We discuss it all the time. She even had him in counseling thinking he popped cause he hated her. Once she treated it as an over stretched colon, he manages much better. But like I said- get an X-ray.
Yes. The impacted stuff can stretch out the rectum, and then new poops slide by without the old impacted poop ever moving. (From what I've read. I am not a medical professional or anything.)
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #17
7mom7
Registered Users

My son has poop issues and has lots of accidents. It's possible for her to be impacted but still be stooling. If that's the case she'd likely have liquid stool. If she's had totally normal BM's up to this point I would be less concerned about impaction. Most kids with issues like my son's show up at birth- he required surgery. Sometimes he can tell when he needs to go potty and other times he can't. He doesn't seem to notice the smell or sensation like our other child does. We homeschool which makes things easier but one thing that really helps him is trying to go poop after each meal. You might wake her up a bit earlier so she can eat breakfast and have time to try and poop before school. We let him watch a movie on his portable DVD player while going potty to encourage him to stay for longer and do a better job of emptying.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #18
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Try getting her to poop in the morning. Wake her up a little earlier and maybe some prune juice before bed. Perhaps the teacher would let her use the "big kid" bathrooms that aren't in the classroom. Maybe a reward for pooping at school for a week or something.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #19
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM&W View Post
Yikes. I never thought of that...she poops everyday at home though. Could she still be impacted??
I stopped reading to quote this so not sure if it's been addressed.

Yes, it possible for her to stool if she's impacted. Basically, the stool leaks around the impaction. She may not realize it's happening until it's too late.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #20
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
Try getting her to poop in the morning. Wake her up a little earlier and maybe some prune juice before bed. Perhaps the teacher would let her use the "big kid" bathrooms that aren't in the classroom. Maybe a reward for pooping at school for a week or something.
I would try this as well. Have her eat breakfast earlier and see if that will encourage a BM before she leaves for school.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote