Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:
How do you sleep at night?

I know I can't be the only one with a super active kicker...

Baby goes nuts every time I go to bed. And then she usually wakes me up 3 more times through out the night. I know it is probably something I can't change but I'm so tired... ugh. So entertain me with your silly baby settling tips!

Advertisement

Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
MiniLambMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How old is she? I have a 3.5 month old girl and she's a super active kicker. I put her in a swaddle me wrap and once I can get her to sleep, she'll stay asleep. Before she'd stay awake all night kicking and punching. I wish you some zzzz's.
MiniLambMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
kynid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you sleep at night?

I don't The kicking isn't as much of a problem as my neck,hips, shoulders and back hurting. I have to roll over every 20 mins or so, which also means moving all of my pillows too. It was like this with my last son also. I can't wait until he is born so I can sleep! I know most people don't think about having a newborn on those terms, but 1 hour of restful sleep at a time is way more than I am getting right now.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL I'm 30 weeks pregnant still. This little womb hijacker hasn't even had the chance to terrorize my nights in person yet. Opps, I see I didn't even specify this was my "still pregnant" with child, I just stuck it in "pregnancy".

I am guessing there is nothing to change a baby's sleep routine while inside the womb but I figure people have all kinds of things they swear by for other issues so might as well ask since I'm desperate!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynid View Post
I don't The kicking isn't as much of a problem as my neck,hips, shoulders and back hurting. I have to roll over every 20 mins or so, which also means moving all of my pillows too. It was like this with my last son also. I can't wait until he is born so I can sleep! I know most people don't think about having a newborn on those terms, but 1 hour of restful sleep at a time is way more than I am getting right now.
My dh was watching me sleep the other night because I kept waking him up and he doesn't think I'm sleeping, lol. Evidently I moan, groan, grumble, whine, cry, toss and turn and mumble in my sleep all night. I am hoping I will be getting more sleep too when baby comes.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #6
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My lil guy was soooo active at night til about 35 weeks, he sleeps a lot when I am sleeping now, thank goodness. Now I just wake up to pee 5 times a night and I wake up like 20 times a night because everything starts hurting and if I lay in one spot too long I start having contractions as have to readjust lol... Good luck...these babies are just getting us ready for when they come out
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
ginacushing
Registered Users

I'm sure our son is active at night but I've become a very hard sleeper lol which has been nice! He's a wild child, our chiropractor got kicked by him and said he'd never had a baby kick him that hard before lol he's intense! My DH feels bad for me when he feels some of what our son is putting me through. I love our little man, but can't WAIT for him to be outside of my body to torture other people lol
ginacushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Tea with milk and a bath before bed get this little gal nice and sleepy. My midwife says you can also have half a glass or red wine or a half a hoppy beer but I have horrible pregnancy reflux so I stick with tea. This gal was a violent kicker until about 36 weeks and then she ran out of room to kick and settled down. She still moves a ton but it is easier to sleep through her movements...the prelabor contractions on the other hand are a different story! Those buggers wake me up all night
Old 04-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I start with a warm Epsom salt bath (good for swelling, too!), then have a small bowl of dried cherries and almonds (both good for sleep) and a glass of water. I spray some Tranquil Mint pillow spray on my pillow, and make sure I pee right before lying down
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
I start with a warm Epsom salt bath (good for swelling, too!), then have a small bowl of dried cherries and almonds (both good for sleep) and a glass of water. I spray some Tranquil Mint pillow spray on my pillow, and make sure I pee right before lying down
This all sounds so wonderful!