Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
steely_cass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Minimalist Kitchen Equipment

Hi Ladies! I haven't posted over here, but have read as some inspiration as I was decluttering our house to sell - it sold in one week!

Now, we are moving to a furnished condo for a couple of months while we get used to our new town. DH will be there for a couple weeks before I am so he can report back what they have. I'm trying to figure out what we NEED to bring with us, but I'm seriously struggling in the kitchen. I know that I have way more kitchen gadgets than a person needs but I use them all right now.

So, if you were going to have a minimal kitchen for 2-6 months, what would you bring? It's just myself, DH, and DD so it's not like I have to cook for a huge family

Advertisement

and Wilder (July '14)
steely_cass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Minimalist Kitchen Equipment

I would put everything in bags and pull it put as you use it over the next couple of weeks and bring that stuff.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Coffee Maker!! Yep, that sounds good to me
Old 03-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
BSWmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Minimalist Kitchen Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely_cass View Post
Hi Ladies! I haven't posted over here, but have read as some inspiration as I was decluttering our house to sell - it sold in one week!

Now, we are moving to a furnished condo for a couple of months while we get used to our new town. DH will be there for a couple weeks before I am so he can report back what they have. I'm trying to figure out what we NEED to bring with us, but I'm seriously struggling in the kitchen. I know that I have way more kitchen gadgets than a person needs but I use them all right now.

So, if you were going to have a minimal kitchen for 2-6 months, what would you bring? It's just myself, DH, and DD so it's not like I have to cook for a huge family
Nothing really. I lived in a furnished condo for 3 months or so when DS1 was a newborn. They had a couple of pots, a couple pans, basic dishes/silverware, a cutting board, a couple knives, spatulas, a microwave, a coffee maker, a potholder, etc. Everything that you'd need for basic cooking and serving 4 people. So, I didn't make any bread or bake any cookies when I lived there because I didn't have my bread maker or mixer. I bought hummus instead of blending it in the food processor. It was great, actually - I should probably make my kitchen like a furnished condo kitchen.

Oh, I do think I missed my blender because I was drinking a lot of smoothies at that time.
BSWmama is online now   Reply With Quote