Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Theres stuff on my counters!

Thiught you all could relate to my irritation with stuff on my kitchen counters. I had to go to bed with things still on the counter and wow it really bugged me! We are in the process of repainting the kitchen ceiling and thats where everything is being stored so little hands dont touch. But the counts not being clear before bed tonight really bothered me. Funny considering a couple months ago their normal was more cluttered than they are th the paint stuff on them. ill be glad when they can be clear again! Makes me feel more calm to wake up to a clean kitchen in the morning.

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Theres stuff on my counters!

I have stuff on my counter because although my other rooms got bigger my kitchen got smaller when we moved. We went from like 7 neatly arranged and labeled drawers to 2 drawers that combined are smaller than one of our previous drawers. Also a pantry with no shelves.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
Completely agree. Waking up to a cleanish kitchen makes the mornings less chaotic. It's funny how quickly your clutter tolerance diminishes once you've contracted the decluttering bug.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh you can't believe how much I appreciate empty counters. We finally finished painting the living room and I'm thrilled to not have all the furniture pushed into the middle and all the stuff on the kitchen counters to keep it away from the toddler. For weeks it was like that! DH didn't understand, but it absolutely drove me bonkers to not have a place for everything. The only plus side was that I was inspired to purge some of it, and very motivated to finish our projects.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Hahaha- yes I feel the same way!! Drives me totally bonkers! I'm trying to train my dh to not leave his work stuff there. (It seems to be his preferred spot). Here's hoping you get the painting done soon.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I've been debating posting a similar thread entitled 'Girls, mum went crazy and left daddy because he wont keep JUNK off of my counters!'

I'll post a picture of what he thinks is an acceptable level of things piled on the counter and he WONT let me FIX it =( for real it is a big issue for me. When there is junk it collects other junk and I cannot handle it.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I finally found out why DH leaves receipts on the counter. I ask for Costco receipts because that comes out of the checking account and I want to keep track. That's very thoughtful of him... but I really don't need every 99 cent receipt for everything else he purchases!

And junk mail... he explained that he knows I like to go through the mail so he just leaves everything there for me.

So he thinks this counter top clutter is for my benefit! He thought he was being helpful.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #8
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde
I've been debating posting a similar thread entitled 'Girls, mum went crazy and left daddy because he wont keep JUNK off of my counters!'

I'll post a picture of what he thinks is an acceptable level of things piled on the counter and he WONT let me FIX it =( for real it is a big issue for me. When there is junk it collects other junk and I cannot handle it.
My dh was given a basket to keep his things. EVERYTHING WENT INO THE BASKET! Drove me insane, and he always said " it's stuff I need or have to go through" I seriously would grab handfuls from the basket and add It to the trash/donate box to keep it under control. Just grab from the bottom leaving the top layer to look the same. Both his parents are borderline hoarders and he has these tendencies.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
ARogers
Registered Users
seller
seller

I HATE having stuff on the counters! I swear I'm fighting an uphill battle w/DH and the LO's. It really drives me insane when my MIL visits because she puts EVERYTHING on the counters - purse, newspaper, etc.