Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
Registered Users
reviews for britax b ready stroller

Pros and cons would be awesome. We will be using it for 18 month old and newbie in car seat.

Mommy to K(5), C(3), G(1), and A(due 8/26)
mferry2055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: reviews for britax b ready stroller

I used to have one and really liked it. I used it with a newborn in the britax chaperone car seat (on the top part of the stroller) and the second seat for my then 2.5 year old.

It is so easy to push! It worked equally as well on pavement as grass. I also liked that when the baby wasn't using the bucket seat anymore I could face the top seat of the stroller towards me. My 2.5 year old hated strollers but she loved sitting in the bottom seat of the b-ready for some reason. The canopy is also nice and big.

Things that could be improved were that it was a little hard for my 2.5 year old to get into the second seat, but that may be the case with all of these types of strollers. It is also pretty heavy, but again I think that may be something that is similar for all double strollers.

All in all it is an awesome stroller if you have two kids! I recently had to sell mine though because my 3.5 year old daughter got too tall for the second seat and the stroller, while very nice, is just too bulky for me to use for only one child. I needed something that was lightweight and that I could close/open with one hand (I bought a Baby Jogger City Micro).
SAHM to three wonderful monsters: Tyler 6, Alli 4 and Jilly Billy 2. And all I have to say is thank God for wine!
essential1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Registered Users

I got one recently to use with my almost-2 year old and a new baby due in May. It is a favorite on the Baby Bargains stroller board. If you have time to shop around for a bargain, check Craigslist frequently, they pop up now and then. Or if you have a Kohl's card, buy online when there is a 30% off coupon code and Kohl's cash.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Easy to steer and push, narrow so fits through doors easily
Big basket
Lower seat can recline for sleeping child
Good sunshades on both seats
Adequate space between seats (I thought the city select were a bit too close)
Lots of configurations possible

My LO's are 18 months apart, and when the younger turned about 15 months they constantly fight for who gets to sit on the top seat
Cup holder falls off easily
Wheels are set wider than handle, so I bumped things quite a bit

Overall I love this stroller.
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
Registered Users

I like ours a lot, but can't say I use it all that often. It's a really solid stroller -- very easy to push, even on grass. It's also fairly easy to collapse and has great sunshades. The biggest negative, IMO, is that it is ENORMOUS, which, okay, i guess is expected for a double stroller. But, honestly, when my youngest was a newborn I drove a Nissan Altima and never took the stroller anywhere because my trunk would have to be completely cleaned out in order for it to fit (and, let's be honest, my trunk was never completely clean). The other negative is that it's pricy and every "add on" is costly as well. I ended up getting a good deal on the stroller, but by the time I bought the adapter for the car seat (because we don't have a Britax infant seat) and the second seat for when the baby got older, I'm sure we spent over $600. So, all in all, even though it's a really nice stroller, we haven't used it all that much.
Kate, mama to three crazy boys! Owen (3/30/09) , Rory (8/18/11) and Brennan (8/3/14)
kateroc is offline   Reply With Quote