Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #21
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 31st - APRIL 6th!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
I'm so done! Last night I was up til around 2 am because baby was moving so much. And it hurt like crazy. I thought for sure that I would end up having the baby last night. Today it feels like my pelvis is going to break open. While I was laying in bed, thinking about labour, it was so hard not to be afraid. Why is that? I mean, this is my fourth time delivering a baby... Shouldn't I be relaxed about it? I just don't look forward to all the pain and feeling helpless.
DID WRITE THIS?

Except for the done part--I want my parents here first but after tonight I may feel differently! BC I have been walk the floors all night long. I just feel the need to just move around,

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #22
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
It's NOT you Elena. Your description of their behavior is hideous. They're supposed to be adults. Especially with your loss, neither my nor DHs family would ever dream of behaving that way. And anyone who would wish a miscarriage on their child??? Makes my blood boil. They don't have to agree, but they could at least make an effort to be supportive. I don't know how you put up with it.

AFM: Alies still nursing well and settled into a mostly every 3 hour routine. Desperately trying to get her to sleep in her cradle but no dice yet... took DD1 about a month, and DD2 didn't spend a whole night in her own bed til almost a year... cosleeping is nice for nursing and getting sleep but I miss my DH cuddles. Hoping to get her in her own bed part-time at least!!
Thank you. Reading that, I do know that, and would say the same to someone else. But being in the situation feels different, kwim? It's like... because they're my parents they should be loving and truthful and honest... so if they're saying it that way, it must be that way. I know that's not the reality of it, but it's hard to see that all the time.

so glad she's nursing well! And every 3hrs is great! Good luck with the cradle sleeping - she'll get there eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
It was a fun morning!
That does sound like a good and fun day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
The kids had a blast finding eggs and blowing bubbles outside
Argh. I'd love to have been able to do egg hunting outside! *sigh* Maybe next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Me? I still vote tonight or Tuesday.

I almost passed out in church this morning.. which was weird.

supposed to drive to Boise tomorrow to play at an indoor playplace and get blood drawn at my VBAC hospital. I'm a little worried about driving that far and having another weird almost passing out incident.. but am hoping it was a fluke.
for ya!

Huh. I had a similar thing happen at supper tonight - weird. Good luck with your drive tomorrow - be careful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
I'm so done! Last night I was up til around 2 am because baby was moving so much. And it hurt like crazy. I thought for sure that I would end up having the baby last night. Today it feels like my pelvis is going to break open. While I was laying in bed, thinking about labour, it was so hard not to be afraid. Why is that? I mean, this is my fourth time delivering a baby... Shouldn't I be relaxed about it? I just don't look forward to all the pain and feeling helpless.
OMGoodness - the painful moving - YES! Hiccup seems to be very active when I'm having crampy/contraction-y times - don't know if that's because he actually is, maybe not liking the squeezing, or because I'm just noticing it more, or my uterus is more sensitive at those times. But OUCH!

I keep having worries and whatnot about labor/birth, too. I even have had a few moments of "just go for a csec and get it over with" Very not like me!
All the unknowns tend to get to me right now. I think I'd love to know when Hiccup is coming, so I can set an actual "done by" date for all this house/room stuff. But

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I was super nervous too. I think it's totally reasonable to be nervous about something you know will hurt, that seems natural even if you know you can do it, ya know? My pelvis felt like that for a few days before I delivered
That's true.
Eh. My pelvis has felt like that for weeks. No Hiccup yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Baby in the moby was great and ppl were shocked to see me.

Im sure i walked too much today bc my tiny tear has been stinging.
SO glad having him in the wrap worked out! Sorry about your tear being uncomfy though, that sucks. Relax on the couch tonight with your feet up - take it easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcannon View Post
So, am I the only one that doesn't have names picked out? I'm scrambling trying to decide on names! I'm afraid if this baby is a boy, he won't have a name!
We have a boy name, but just a list of girl names - it's only a few names, but we're just not sure yet. And, heck, it may not matter anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 View Post
oh, and DTD every day....3 times today.
How in the WORLD do you find time for 3 times in a day?!!! or the energy?!!!

AFM: Easter stuff for the kids went fine this morning. I ended up not getting any clothes/outfits, just styrofoam plane kits for the boys and a chinese lantern for DD for in her new room. We did hide eggs, but only upstairs because of all the dust and crap downstairs. They still had fun finding them though.

DH got the sanding all done today... but then when we started to get it tidied up my vacuum crapped out - somehow, we're not quite sure why. I'm hoping it'll smarten up, just clogged inside or something that works itself out. I don't want to buy a new vacuum right now, and I really NEED to be able to vacuum to get the house tidy!
Because of being at the colony school in the afternoons, DH ends up with Monday and Tuesday afternoon off (they take more time for easter break), so FIL is coming out and they'll start painting tomorrow.

FIL called this morning and said he had just put on a ham and they wanted to bring it out to have easter dinner with us - so I baked some bread, made scalloped potatoes, and made a peach/berry crisp It was a great supper... but I'm SO full now!

Love coming on and seeing new babies arriving! It definitely does make me wonder when it'll be mine and Hiccup's turn, but the waiting is okay.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:19 PM   #23
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey everyone, Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

37 weeks today, so I started taking my EPO orally, finally, along with my daily cup of RRL tea. Spring break comes to a close today and I go back to work tomorrow. It's been a really productive week though, so I'm ready to push on through to LO's arrival! DH installed our diaper sprayer today and put up these alphabet cards around the ceiling, so our nursery is pretty much done at this point. Hospital bag is pretty much packed, I just have to finalize a few things. I had my car cleaned and our seat is installed. Definitely feeling like go-time! Still need to write up my birth plan though.

Hope everyone else that's still pregnant is hanging in there!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #24
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Easter ladies! Anyone planning on playing a trick on family and saying they are in labor today as an April fools joke? I told my sister I was tempted to text family today an tell them I am having the baby. Then text back April fools. None of our family lives anywhere near us so they wouldn't be traveling or anything. But I don't think I have the heart to do it.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #25
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
Anyone planning on playing a trick on family and saying they are in labor today as an April fools joke?
Nope. Too close to the "pregnancy as April Fools joke on FB" for me. Ugh, not a fan of this day!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #26
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Today is my DD. Not feeling like today will be the day- but what does that feel like. I have't had a BM in 3 days so I am a little nervous about that, before it was loose and everyday or a couple of times a day. I am going to drink some coffee to see if that will get things moving.

I have been wondering if baby hasn't come like I thought because I have been 'malnourished' throughout my pregnancy either from being sick or extreme stress. Now I am eating like a hippo and have gained 5 lbs. in 4 weeks so maybe my body is just trying to build up fat stores for nursing.

Today is opening day for our local baseball team and it is snowing outside. What a crock! It has been warm for 4 days 50s and will be the rest of the week. Glad I didn't buy tickets.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #27
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Happy Easter ladies! Anyone planning on playing a trick on family and saying they are in labor today as an April fools joke? I told my sister I was tempted to text family today an tell them I am having the baby. Then text back April fools. None of our family lives anywhere near us so they wouldn't be traveling or anything. But I don't think I have the heart to do it.
I thought about saying I was pregnant again... its been 3.5 weeks so it might theoretically be possible (except not since its still dry here ). No one would believe me though and I wouldn't want anyone to be worried/excited for no reason. DS1 told me it snowed this morning and then "April fools". It was cute.

Started packing up DS1's room for our journey home (finally!). We got no sleep last night since my milk supply has calmed and Nate discovered comfort nursing. Anyone know why he only wants to nurse every hour at night??
Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #28
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
No, not here. I am still kinda hoping that Hiccup won't decide to come today - like I said, it would be hard to convince my parents that it was truth and not a joke today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
Today is my DD. Not feeling like today will be the day- but what does that feel like. I have't had a BM in 3 days so I am a little nervous about that, before it was loose and everyday or a couple of times a day. I am going to drink some coffee to see if that will get things moving.

I have been wondering if baby hasn't come like I thought because I have been 'malnourished' throughout my pregnancy either from being sick or extreme stress. Now I am eating like a hippo and have gained 5 lbs. in 4 weeks so maybe my body is just trying to build up fat stores for nursing.

Today is opening day for our local baseball team and it is snowing outside. What a crock! It has been warm for 4 days 50s and will be the rest of the week. Glad I didn't buy tickets.
Shucks, good luck with getting things moving. Coffee, walking around, lots of water - those usually help me.
baby won't make you wait much longer. Interesting about the weight thing - could be I suppose. DH thinks that Hiccup hasn't come yet because I am too stressed and just not ready cuz of all the house stuff going on - at least he's really feeling like it's imminent, kwim?

BOO for snow. I'm so tired of this winter. Seriously.
Today, April 1st... we woke up to all the snow (still, at least not new) and temps of -2, windchill of -28. Sounds about right for freakin' April, eh?!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
DS1 told me it snowed this morning and then "April fools". It was cute.

Started packing up DS1's room for our journey home (finally!). We got no sleep last night since my milk supply has calmed and Nate discovered comfort nursing. Anyone know why he only wants to nurse every hour at night??
at your DS! Bet he thought it was funny!!
for going home!

Is he cluster feeding before bed? All my kids have wanted to cluster feed for an hour or so before bed, but then would have a longer stretch of sleep. If he's not getting that time, maybe he's making up for it by nursing a lot overnight?
I would try making sure he eats at least every 3 hours (preferably 2hrs, even) through the daytime - even if that meant waking him up to get him to eat, trying to get a cluster feed in before bedtime, and then see how that worked. Maybe eating a bunch through the day would "hold him" longer at night?

AFM: Lots to do (again!) today - I have laundry to get done, I want to get the walls and ceiling wiped down in the new room - get the dust all off to be ready for painting, DH is supposed to be coming home at lunchtime and FIL is coming out today as well, so if I have the dust gone and everything is dry, they should be able to get a bunch done!
DS1 just called from school saying he forgot his indoor shoes So I'll have to take something down for him later - when I'm actually out of jammies! It's so though I wish I didn't have to go outside!
And while the guys are getting started painting I think I'll attempt to tidy up upstairs, finally! It's not near as dusty up here, but still that drywall dust gets everywhere
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #29
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
We got no sleep last night since my milk supply has calmed and Nate discovered comfort nursing. Anyone know why he only wants to nurse every hour at night??
DD2 did this. Night time is the best for them to stimulate production hormone wise. Babies don't start producing hormones to regulate their circadian rhythms til about 12 weeks. Hopefully it will pass!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #30
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Elena- I can't even imagine those kinds of temps! I would be screaming. Are you Canadian or did you move there? This has been a super long winter for us and everyone is so tired of the cold dreary days.

ISO:BABY, SUNSHINE, and WARM DAYS!!!

Glad your DH and FIL are going to be working today hopefully they can get a great deal done.

I cleaned out the fridge this morning I had some watermelon I cut up but it rotted before we ate it I hate wasting food!

I think I am going to skip seeing the chiropractor this week. Not having any issues and it's 40 minutes away. If I go to town I will call and see if she has an opening.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote