Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 4/1-4/5

I was so tired when I got home last night I did nothing physical. I did get my budget for the month written up. And I did get a few of the things I have listed for sale listed on another local website. And I have people coming today for one of the items and tomorrow for another (they already put down a deposit). So I am getting rid of stuff, just not assigned stuff. And I'm really happy to be getting some money out of it. Easter is under control, just need to get rid of the extra candy.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #12
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Any purging is good! You can always make substitutions or work in other areas. And sometimes when I'm working in one area I'll notice other random stuff nearby. Whatever gets excess stuff out! Mental clutter can be just as unsettling (if not moresby), too. I feel that way about all the digital photos I have to go through.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 04-02-2013 at 10:07 AM.
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #13
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Monday 4.1.13: Purge 5 Easter items. Gifts, toys, junk food, decorations, baskets, etc. I know some of us were already anticipating some extra clutter as a result of this holiday. If this doesn't apply to you, focus on kid items that you have too much of.
Done. Purged 3 kid clothing items, a kid book, and a kid toy.

Tuesday 4.2.13: Purge 5 items from your kitchen cabinets.
Purging one cheese slicer.

Wednesday 4.3.13: Purge 5 clothing items. Bonus points if you can get your DH to participate!
Done. Donated a pair of shoes, a belt, a purse, two shirts, and a jacket. Also donated two pair of hubby's shoes (he did this all on his own). and tossed three junky shirts.

Last edited by leadmare; 04-02-2013 at 01:16 PM.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
smplmama
Registered Users
seller

We didn't do Easter so I just found 5 toys, we have too many still so I tinker at it every day. Want through cabinets, found two things...moved on to things we haven't unpacked since moving. 4 Rubbermaid totes full, all donated now besides a bit of homeschool things. Can't believe we carted it all the way here!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I actually did super awesome today. When we moved into this house I went from very few cabinets to a million, and have been bad to just keep things when I get a new better one.....

I tossed my blender and hand mixer from my prehubby days, (I have new one's that don't make the lights flicker), a lid to a pot I lost at some point, canning labels, a fondue set we got at our wedding shower that was still in the box, a glass frying pan (I don't even know where it came from, and a Christmas cookie platter. So much more space!

I tossed some sprinkles and dried chives that had seen better days too.

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #16
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Love to hear all the progress you all are making!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I sold 4 more things today so that means they are decluttered and gone. Three of those were bottles of lotion that have been sitting on my kitchen buffet for months waiting for me to figure out what to do with them. So that is going to have to count as my kitchen task for the week. And I got two items of clothing listed for sale, and two remote starters for the car listed for sale. Hoping they all get moving so I can meet both my budget and my decluttering goals for the week.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #18
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

So this week is muffin week. Since I have about 10 boxes of muffin mix (jiffy) we are using those. Down one, going to make another tomorrow. Slow for kitchen items. But that is a good thing. Because I see and use what I have.

Plus I have decide that I want to lose 20 lbs by the time I go back home for vacation (august 7th) I'm eating right (no muffins for me) Giving up pop and candy. And exercising. This week I'm down 1.5 lbs so far.

This is me simplifying my body! And using my wii fit instead of it collecting dust. and I have the time since I've decluttered. It takes me 10 minutes tops to pick up the living room now.

You all have helped me change so much of my life I felt I needed to share my body declutter. Mind, body and space right?!

I know I'm not a familiar poster but as a lurker you all really help. Thanks ya'll!
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #19
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach'sWife
So today when I got home from work, Easter had taken over my kitchen :/

I gathered all candy and put it on top of the fridge, tossed the cheapo basket my DS used, put all the plastic eggs back in storage (after I emptied all the gravel out of them!?) And tossed the packaging from their toys. Not too shabby. I actually bought nice baskets for the girls to double as storage when they were done with them. DS1 already has her "little dollies" in hers.

I broke a casserole dish putting the dishes away, does that count as one of my 5 for tomorrow, lol?
Broken things count.

That being said I broke a bowl yesterday. Count one for my kitchen clutter.
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #20
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Katie, I'll be working on body clutter soon as well! My plan is to start the 30 Day Shred DVD soon, then to start the Couch to 5k program once it warms up a bit. I was going to start this week, but DD has been sleeping like utter crap for the past week and a half and I'm just exhausted. Last night was not good, she was up every single hour of the night. Not fun!

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job this week. Must be spring in the air or something.

I've done pretty good the past two days. I'm working out of order a bit, but I got all of our Easter stuff squared away. I did go to Target last night and ended up buying 2 new Easter baskets, but it was something I had planned to do eventually (I used DS's older basket for DD this year, and got him a bucket for his this year). Anyhow, I ended up purging 3 Easter baskets, plus some decorations, a pair of sunglasses DD got in her basket from my mom, some little toys and plastic eggs, some candy, etc. The gifts we're keeping have been put away, and the Easter stuff has been packed away and I just need DH to bring the bin back down to the basement.

I also started in on my car, which I guess will be my "Friday" task (since I didn't get to do it the last time it was on the list). DS got a new car seat, so I gave his old one to his sister. I got the seats all situated and installed, and while I did that I vacuumed out the back seats of the car and decluttered my whole car. I also packed a bag to keep in there with stuff we might need (extra outfits, diapers, wipes, a blanket, first aid kit, etc.) which I have been meaning to do for awhile.

I also dropped off a carfull of donations at Goodwill last night! The guy was super crabby but that's okay, I felt great getting all that stuff out of the house and out of my car. Now I just need to vacuum the front and back of the car and wipe things down and it will be all set for spring. I loooove having a clean car. And it's so nice to be done with DD's infant seat and have the two nice Radians in there.

I'll be working on the kitchen stuff today, I think. I might do clothes if I get a chance to put some laundry away. I'm saving the office stuff for Friday, since DH will be home and I have a lot I need to do in there (filing, some purging, lots of putting things away).

Hope you all have a productive day!

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote