Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #31
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Interview went good. Down another pound.

Workin on a quilt today. I'm soon the piecing and my mom will finish it. She did the embroidery. It is a shower gift for a cousin. Plus side I used fabric from my stash. So 3 yards of fabric gone.

And a cookie sheet gone.

Slow week. Haven't stayed on track really. Next week back in full force.

Advertisement

ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #32
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 4/1-4/5

Thursday 4.4.13: Purge 5 office items. Either just from your physical office (home or workplace), or just office-type items (paperwork, mailing stuff, office supplies, etc.).
Done. Purged a book, 2 noteboks, a filing thing, and shredded a small pile of old papers.

Friday 4.5.13: Your choice! Purge 5 items from a problem area. Focus on an area that you've been procrastinating on, that you pretend doesn't exist, that has gotten out of control, or that feels like it is too big for you to tackle because it overwhelms you. We can do it.
Done. Purged some more clothes. Tossed a pair of pants I'm replacing, donated three more pair, a shirt and a jacket. Also finally let go of some old and/or broken jewelry. Tossed a few pair of old earrings, and found two bracelets I'm going to give to my niece.

BONUS TASK #1: Do some filing and get your paperwork and paper clutter under control.
Done. Didn't do a ton, but I did a little filing. Paperwork is slow going.

Don't have a diaper pail anymore (yay), so not worrying about bonus task 2 or 3, (although my oven really needs to be cleaned).

Was feeling all funky for whatever reason this week. Makes it hard to do anything in a mood like that
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #33
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach'sWife View Post
I'm not sure if they would or not. Seemed worth a shot. Ill let you know

My lab used to let me vacuum her. Straight up just cut out the middle man. It was a wonderful arrangement.
That's awesome! I love our dogs, but somedays I wish they were hairless... Do you think they would care I'd I shaved them?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #34
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArronDalesMama View Post
Interview went good. Down another pound.
Crossing my fingers for you about your job interview.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #35
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ I'm in a funk, too. I know some of it is lack of sleep, but today I'm really feeling just blah and discontent. It doesn't help that we're supposed to get more snowy weather this weekend... I just can't take it anymore. I want to go to the park with the kids, play outside, and not feel so cooped up.

I need to do something to perk up my mood a bit. I might go to Lowes and buy a few houseplants, and get a new seed starter for our garden.

I'm definitely in a purging mood, so I guess that's good, but I'm lacking the energy to get stuff done. I've made some progress this week and maybe I can spend some of tomorrow's yucky day to go through the house and get some purging and cleaning done. I know if I just start then I'll be fine.

I'm in the mood to do some major stuff. We're planning on repainting the dining room, as well as our entryway and stairwell and upstairs hallway. I want to do it NOW, but DH wants to just lay low this weekend. Which I understand, but once I get something in my brain it's hard for me to feel content until it's done (or until I purchase something that I want, or whatever).

We're in the middle of refinancing our house, and the appraiser came back today because there was one issue we had to fix. Looks like we're good to go! We're going to be saving about $200 a month thanks to the lower interest rate we're getting, so even though it's been a bit of a pain in the butt, it's definitely paying off (quite literally).

Sorry, this is a whole lot of randomness. Apparently I'm decluttering my brain in here, haha.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #36
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh! Purging victory, though.

The other night, DH brought me a glass of wine. But he put it in a mason jar (we use them as our drink glasses). I joked that we could get rid of our wine and cocktail glasses and just start using the jars instead. He said, "Go for it."

And... he was serious! He's made a lot of progress because a year ago he would have been all, "Don't you dare, those are still good, what if we have friends over for cosmopolitans?" haha. So I'm getting rid of our fancy drink glasses and sticking to what we use. Our martini glasses almost never get used, so then they collect dust (we have an open pantry) and have to be washed when we do use them. Our wine glasses aren't even a complete set. I'm keeping 2 small ones because they're sort of sentimental and we do use them. And we have some fancy-ish water glasses that occasionally get used. But I'm going to get rid of all the other junk. I'll be clearing almost half a shelf in our pantry!

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #37
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Had to share because it turned out so cute. My mom did the embroidery. She will finish that and the hand quilting. I pieced it together and found the back fabric. (She hates piecing)

Attachment 139269

It will go in the mail Monday. And one less thing on my to do list and one less thing in my house.

Last edited by ArronDalesMama; 04-16-2013 at 03:16 PM.
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #38
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had some BB inserts sell today. But other than that I'm behind

I somehow worked 60 hours this week.... I'll use this weekend to play catch up. I'm not doing anything tonight other than diaper laundry. Well that and maybe feeding the other kids.

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #39
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got sidetracked a bit this week. Purged a lot of randomness. I still need to tackle those glasses in my kitchen but it's not going to happen today. We've had a pretty lazy day and DH and I are going on a date early this evening. So I'll probably be repeating a few things from this next week as my "Friday" next week.

Any requests for next week?

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #40
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today is going to have to count for everything I didn't get done during the week. We are putting my wash room back together after our flood in January. My mom and husband did the flooring and re painted. We put the cabinets back today. I've been going through every cabinet as it's gone back in and gotten rid of, trashed and donated stuff. Took out a whole garbage bag of trash. And a sack or so to donate. And I"m sure there is more that should go. And there are a few more things that are going to leave as soon as my mom is gone. But I know what needs to go and have it in a location I can grab it. So far so good, but I know there is a ton more that needs to go. But I'm working on it.

Last edited by slimy72; 04-07-2013 at 05:26 PM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote