Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
fuzzynoodle
Registered Users
seller

New or old, my Planet Wise wet bags always feel damp when full. It's every single bag...whether I just bought it or if its been in rotation, and especially if it's had any pressure on it, like from being in a diaper bag. As far as I can tell, there are no leaks, and I've tried heat sealing. Still get a dampness, like its wicking from some where. About to ditch them and go with PUL only bags. Rawr.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by fuzzynoodle; 04-01-2013 at 02:20 AM.
fuzzynoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
aries416
Registered Users
seller

Mine too. I won't buy another one because I have 2 and both are the same. Mine do actually leak. I can't leave a full one in the diaper bag if I want whatever is touching the bag to stay dry.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
fuzzynoodle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries416
Mine too. I won't buy another one because I have 2 and both are the same. Mine do actually leak. I can't leave a full one in the diaper bag if I want whatever is touching the bag to stay dry.
Yes!!! It makes everything damp!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
Kelbel81906
Registered Users
seller

Re: Why do Planet Wise bags always feel damp??

The only place they should possibly wick from would be the zipper because zippers are not waterproof. This should only happen if the bag if flipped upside down though. They now make a roll-down bag which addresses this issue though! Have you tried emailing their customer service? info@planetwiseinc.com I literally have probably a dozen PW bags and some are now 3 years old and they don't leak. The only bag I ever had leak is one that got up against the heating element on my dryer and fried the PUL!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Same problem here. Mine actually leaks out the bottom most of the time making it useless as a pail liner.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
nutkase
Registered Users
seller

My PW bag was the same. Always felt damp and if there was a poopy I would have to wash the extra clothes in the diaper bag because they stunk too! I switched to Monkey Foot Designs and will never buy another brand again - love them. I keep an extra small full of wet wipes in the diaper bag and it NEVER gets damp on the outside. It also holds in smells great - my dad (who has a very sensitive nose) once told me to get the poopy diaper out of the grocery bag the nursery ladies tied it up in and put it in my wet bag because it was stinking up the whole room

Old 04-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah, sadly same situation over here :-( I have two medium PW bags that are new and 1yo and only a few months old... if there's anything super-wet in there the outside gets damp and smelly. If I'm using one at home for rinsed diapers, I throw a clean flat or two in the bottom.
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
kirst
Registered Users
seller

I have two that are only a few months old that have been doing this, too. They are the wet/dry ones with the extra pouch for dry items. I am scared to even use them for dry items because the wet ones wick and I can't determin where from (not the zipper though as they are hanging on back of door).

I am mad because I bought them for daycare bags but they are useless for that.
I need to get around to calling customer service, I guess, but don't want to have to pay for return shipping...it's almost not worth it with Canada Post. Sigh...won't be buying these again and feeling bad that I recommended them to others, now.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutkase View Post
My PW bag was the same. Always felt damp and if there was a poopy I would have to wash the extra clothes in the diaper bag because they stunk too! I switched to Monkey Foot Designs and will never buy another brand again - love them. I keep an extra small full of wet wipes in the diaper bag and it NEVER gets damp on the outside. It also holds in smells great - my dad (who has a very sensitive nose) once told me to get the poopy diaper out of the grocery bag the nursery ladies tied it up in and put it in my wet bag because it was stinking up the whole room

I keep hearing such great things about MFD wetbags! Off to check them out!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
fuzzynoodle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelbel81906
The only place they should possibly wick from would be the zipper because zippers are not waterproof. This should only happen if the bag if flipped upside down though. They now make a roll-down bag which addresses this issue though! Have you tried emailing their customer service? info@planetwiseinc.com I literally have probably a dozen PW bags and some are now 3 years old and they don't leak. The only bag I ever had leak is one that got up against the heating element on my dryer and fried the PUL!
It's not from the zipper...my hanging bags feel damp at the bottom too.