Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #11
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 chat ~ April 1-6 ~

^ Me too. I have been munching on leftover albacore and tartar sauce all day. I don't think I have eaten anything else... unless you count the handful of Jellybeans.

Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Erica- I didn't realize it was April Fool's day when I posted on FB that I was pg with DS. Everyone thought I was pulling a prank, so later I had to post a copy of my u/s pic so that everyone would believe me.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my diaper bag! I hope it works out well for me.

AFM: Good and bad news today.......I'll start with the good.

DS walked today!!!!!!! His PT came to the door and said for me to come the back way into the training area. I stood in the hallway and watched him walk about 2 ft on his own without holding onto anything! She motioned for me to come in and he walked about the same distance to me! I'm not sure if it was hormones, just being so happy that he finally took some steps on his own, or the bad news that I'll tell you in a min, but I couldn't help but sit there and for a bit.

Ok....for the not so good news.

My grandfather is 84 years old. He's been in and out of the hospital for years. He lives with my uncle and his wife and woke up this morning talking out of his head, unable to use the bathroom, and stumbling around. Even for being his age, my grandpa has had a mind that was a sharp as a tack until this morning. They took him to our family doctor (which happens to be my cousin) and he sent him to our local hospital. After about 2 hours there and contacting his kidney doctor they decided to transfer him to Savannah (an hour away) to one of the three major hospitals in the area. His kidneys are shutting down. He's only made a tsp of urine in a 24 hour period now. The doctors have considered placing him on dialisis (i'm sure I didn't spell that right....sorry), but because of his heart issues they (a) aren't sure if he can hold out for the dial. and (b) because of his living will they aren't sure if they can do it even if he can hold out for it. Since he's gotten to Savannah, he's started complaining with a pain in his chest near his heart. He's still talking out of his head....he wants to go see my mama's goats.....she doesn't even have any goats. Mama has told me and my sister's to stay put right now, but has told us all to prepare ourselves to be called in either overnight or sometime tomorrow. Honestly, everyone is starting to prepare themselves that this is the end for him. Part of me wants to load everyone up and go down there, but he's in the progressive care unit (one step below ICU and they're expecting to have to move him up to ICU soon by what the drs. are telling them) and only a limited amount of people get to go in for 10 min. intervals every 2 hours. I think mama and my aunt and uncle really just want all of us grandchildren to stay put and let them have time to somewhat grieve before they have to call all of us grandchildren in. There are 7 grandchildren and 18 great-grands (with 3 more on the way), so we would take up a lot of room with our children. It might seem silly to over a 83 year old man when he's had a long and happy life so far, but I can't seem to help it. Just praying that if this is it for him, it will be peaceful and painless.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #13
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Today is a hungry day for me, too.

Kind of OT - DD is finally getting over her stomach bug, today is the first day she's been back in cloth and I'm really not feeling the love, the thought of even more laundry makes me want to cry. I think I'm going to buy a huge box of sposies and use those until I'm done with school (3 weeks to go! ) - is that terrible? I feel so GUILTY!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #14
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
Erica- I didn't realize it was April Fool's day when I posted on FB that I was pg with DS. Everyone thought I was pulling a prank, so later I had to post a copy of my u/s pic so that everyone would believe me.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my diaper bag! I hope it works out well for me.

AFM: Good and bad news today.......I'll start with the good.

DS walked today!!!!!!! His PT came to the door and said for me to come the back way into the training area. I stood in the hallway and watched him walk about 2 ft on his own without holding onto anything! She motioned for me to come in and he walked about the same distance to me! I'm not sure if it was hormones, just being so happy that he finally took some steps on his own, or the bad news that I'll tell you in a min, but I couldn't help but sit there and for a bit.

Ok....for the not so good news.

My grandfather is 84 years old. He's been in and out of the hospital for years. He lives with my uncle and his wife and woke up this morning talking out of his head, unable to use the bathroom, and stumbling around. Even for being his age, my grandpa has had a mind that was a sharp as a tack until this morning. They took him to our family doctor (which happens to be my cousin) and he sent him to our local hospital. After about 2 hours there and contacting his kidney doctor they decided to transfer him to Savannah (an hour away) to one of the three major hospitals in the area. His kidneys are shutting down. He's only made a tsp of urine in a 24 hour period now. The doctors have considered placing him on dialisis (i'm sure I didn't spell that right....sorry), but because of his heart issues they (a) aren't sure if he can hold out for the dial. and (b) because of his living will they aren't sure if they can do it even if he can hold out for it. Since he's gotten to Savannah, he's started complaining with a pain in his chest near his heart. He's still talking out of his head....he wants to go see my mama's goats.....she doesn't even have any goats. Mama has told me and my sister's to stay put right now, but has told us all to prepare ourselves to be called in either overnight or sometime tomorrow. Honestly, everyone is starting to prepare themselves that this is the end for him. Part of me wants to load everyone up and go down there, but he's in the progressive care unit (one step below ICU and they're expecting to have to move him up to ICU soon by what the drs. are telling them) and only a limited amount of people get to go in for 10 min. intervals every 2 hours. I think mama and my aunt and uncle really just want all of us grandchildren to stay put and let them have time to somewhat grieve before they have to call all of us grandchildren in. There are 7 grandchildren and 18 great-grands (with 3 more on the way), so we would take up a lot of room with our children. It might seem silly to over a 83 year old man when he's had a long and happy life so far, but I can't seem to help it. Just praying that if this is it for him, it will be peaceful and painless.
That is fantastic about DS!!! =D

I am praying for you and your family<3
Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #15
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Katie - for DS walking, and huge for your grandpa.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #16
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay for walking

so sorry about your grandpa
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #17
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas for the congrats on DS and the for papa!

They just moved him to ICU. Doing tons of tests tonight to see what he can handle and what he can't. Docs are to meet in the morning to make decisions.

I'm praying that God's will be done either way. If that means that he makes it, we will praise him. If that means that he goes home to be with his LORD, then we will praise him. God is merciful and "his mercy endureth forever," even in our darkest hours. I just hope that my hormones don't get the best of me and I sit around for the next few hours just bawling. When my grandma passed away a few years ago (DD was 3 months old), so I was out of the whole hormone thing. Right now I'm in the middle of it, so I hope that doesn't make things worse.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #18
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was 6months pregnant with dd when my dad's twin brother died. We were all sitting in his icu room when they took him off life support and I was a bawling mess.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

AFM- I have only had one more asthma attack since last Monday and it was mild enough that I could control my breathing and relax. Thank goodness because I am not used to carrying my inhaler and I was 15 minutes from home, alone.

I am trying to chill out and relax a bit, but tonight I've got a meeting for our homeschool co-op and I am trying to figure out what I am going to do. I am on "take-it-easy" instructions, and I have cleaning and set-up duties at least twice during term and I can hardly walk LOL
Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #20
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

katie- both hooray for little one walking and :*( for grandpa. bittersweet day

My husband texted me this morning he lost his job.... I thought I was going to puke since he did it before I was even fully awake.... I told him be glad he didn't send me into labor!!! Normally we don't do anything though.

Sooooooooooo just heard back from my OB today that even thought I thought our RE did all the "official" reoccurring miscarriage blood tests he only does a few and just treats you like you have one of them after three losses. So I wasn't ever really tested for most of the major things which I didn't know!! I am a little annoyed since he just said that it was all "normal" and he assumed I had an autoimmune problem and would just empirically treat but any way guess I do have the MTHFR "mutation" which explains a lot of things but I guess I just feel thankful and relieved it's something and we aren't just throwing lovenox at me just cause it's working. Not sure that makes sense but after you lose three that seem like normal healthy pregnancies I wasn't going to risk not trying it and now I am glad we did. So they called me in a script for prescription strength folic acid. I actually was taking double to triple the dose any way on my own so any yup just feeling thankful today for our little man and a healthy pregnancy!!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote