Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #21
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 chat ~ April 1-6 ~

wow...so glad your little guy is okay with you having MTHFR

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #22
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

stevensmom - I hope you are able to figure out something for your DD. It might be worth it for her to get the injections to make her not allergic to dogs anymore if she loves dogs that much. I know I considered it for DH but I never know if we are going to be here long enough for him to do all 2 years. Though likely he could have done it by now and it would be a thing of the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Someone please help me. I can't stop eating.

KatieB621 - on your son walking!! I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know this can't be easy for you. I am glad to hear that your mother lives close though. My mother lives in Florida and my grandfather did something similar to yours right before I gave birth to DS. I know I have talked about this in the past but I hated watching it with my mother and my prayers every week are that my grandmother is strong and healthy (I say as she is driving up to Puget sound area today on her own. ).

I will pray that your grandfather is able to tell the doctors his wants by what his body does, and that whatever that decision is that your family is at peace with it.

AmberP - I am sorry you had the asthma attack but I am glad you were able to get it under control easily. I hope you figured out the homeschool co-op alright!

lalakiwi7 - Oh no! I am so sorry that your DH lost his job! Does he have any prospects? I hope he finds something else soon!

I am glad you figured out you have MTHFR. I hope now you can relax and not worry as much with the pregnancy.

AFM - DH found out yesterday that the promotion he thought he had, he doesn't have. Basically his boss changed his mind. Now DH has to be a dog and do more tricks before they will consider it. At this point I am just hoping that they reimburse him for this trip he has to take tonight for a meeting in New York. It is a 2 hour drive away and he needed to be there tomorrow at 8 am. So he is going up tonight and will stay in a hotel so he can be at the meeting on time. They said they would reimburse him but since they are so good with their word I just hope they do that.

However he did hear from a person he knows and that person wants DH to do part time consulting. So that would be 2 consulting jobs and a book that he will get out this year (he is editing a book on doing the science that the consulting jobs are for). Nothing other then the 9-5 job is paying right now but hopefully that will change soon. Also I think I am going to have to pray I can cook and stuff well into my pregnancy. I think I can get DS to help me with the little vacuuming that we need to do (thankfully our house is small) but cooking and such could be an issue with DH working so much (potentially) soon. My RE wants a copy of the book that he is editing. I hope he gets reprints of it so we can give him a copy. Yes it is safe to say that my doctors like my DH more then they like me. Too bad he can't come with me to appointments anymore.

Other then that my DS is REALLY doing the terrible 4's justice lately. I think I need to wean him off of TV time. I let him watch a bit of PBS for a couple of days last week and I don't think that was good for him. So we are making him watch Science if the TV is on now. He does want to learn about astronomy so that is good. Just need to expand that for him so he can learn more and bring that to other areas.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #23
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
stevensmom - I hope you are able to figure out something for your DD. It might be worth it for her to get the injections to make her not allergic to dogs anymore if she loves dogs that much. I know I considered it for DH but I never know if we are going to be here long enough for him to do all 2 years. Though likely he could have done it by now and it would be a thing of the past.

KatieB621 - on your son walking!! I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know this can't be easy for you. I am glad to hear that your mother lives close though. My mother lives in Florida and my grandfather did something similar to yours right before I gave birth to DS. I know I have talked about this in the past but I hated watching it with my mother and my prayers every week are that my grandmother is strong and healthy (I say as she is driving up to Puget sound area today on her own. ).

I will pray that your grandfather is able to tell the doctors his wants by what his body does, and that whatever that decision is that your family is at peace with it.

AmberP - I am sorry you had the asthma attack but I am glad you were able to get it under control easily. I hope you figured out the homeschool co-op alright!

lalakiwi7 - Oh no! I am so sorry that your DH lost his job! Does he have any prospects? I hope he finds something else soon!

I am glad you figured out you have MTHFR. I hope now you can relax and not worry as much with the pregnancy.

AFM - DH found out yesterday that the promotion he thought he had, he doesn't have. Basically his boss changed his mind. Now DH has to be a dog and do more tricks before they will consider it. At this point I am just hoping that they reimburse him for this trip he has to take tonight for a meeting in New York. It is a 2 hour drive away and he needed to be there tomorrow at 8 am. So he is going up tonight and will stay in a hotel so he can be at the meeting on time. They said they would reimburse him but since they are so good with their word I just hope they do that.

However he did hear from a person he knows and that person wants DH to do part time consulting. So that would be 2 consulting jobs and a book that he will get out this year (he is editing a book on doing the science that the consulting jobs are for). Nothing other then the 9-5 job is paying right now but hopefully that will change soon. Also I think I am going to have to pray I can cook and stuff well into my pregnancy. I think I can get DS to help me with the little vacuuming that we need to do (thankfully our house is small) but cooking and such could be an issue with DH working so much (potentially) soon. My RE wants a copy of the book that he is editing. I hope he gets reprints of it so we can give him a copy. Yes it is safe to say that my doctors like my DH more then they like me. Too bad he can't come with me to appointments anymore.

Other then that my DS is REALLY doing the terrible 4's justice lately. I think I need to wean him off of TV time. I let him watch a bit of PBS for a couple of days last week and I don't think that was good for him. So we are making him watch Science if the TV is on now. He does want to learn about astronomy so that is good. Just need to expand that for him so he can learn more and bring that to other areas.

He didn't lose he job.... HE WAS FOOLING ME!! GAH of all the things to tell your pregnant wife! So we are good there. oooofta.

oye but sorry about your hubby and the ups and downs. I hope something awesome pops up for him.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013

Last edited by lalakiwi7; 04-02-2013 at 08:26 AM.
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #24
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Erica- I think they make low allergen dogs, poodles and labradoodles are a couple types that tend to be ok with allergic people. It could also have been that your sisters dog was out in the weeds/pollen and stuff, or that she just caught a nasty bug

Katie, Yay for your son and for your grandpa <3

Sisu- hope your DD is better! The flu sucks Don't feel bad about sposies, its perfectly fine to take a break!

Lala- what a mean husband! Yay for a healthy babe <3

Oohhh jennifer, I can commiserate on the job thing. My H was supposed to get picked up for his job last December, then they told him March, and now they are telling him not until mid-late summer. He's temping now, and making pennies So he came across a new job that would've been a great starting point, and only a mile away instead of 30, but then yesterday we found out its not really a mile away until earliest next January, and its actually 30 miles in the opposite direction. He's going to do the interview and then see what they offer/ how the benes are etc. Crossing fingers for us both!

AFM, well besides eating a ton of food lately, we've been making trips to the library every couple of days which has been fun, I've got a stack of books to read and its fun letting my kids pick out books too. I've got a couple simple errands to run, and I think the kids are going to my IL's for dinner tonight. I'm still on strike
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #25
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 View Post
He didn't lose he job.... HE WAS FOOLING ME!! GAH of all the things to tell your pregnant wife! So we are good there. oooofta.

oye but sorry about your hubby and the ups and downs. I hope something awesome pops up for him.
Oops! I missed that part. You can tell I don't like April Fools right?

I see this time with DH as job training. He has had to regroup from his last job (and the 2 prior to that) and learn a different skill. This in turn could be GREAT news for him and us later, but may not be so great now. He knows that the skills he is learning now, could make him a very good mid level manager (maybe even higher) in industry one day, but it is just that in the meanwhile we have to do what we have to do. His career path is much different then he hoped and this makes him depressed. However he is keeping all his feet in doors so that the transitions shouldn't be that hard. This probably isn't making sense but I am trying not to say EXACTLY what my DH does online. There was a job that would be great for him in about 6 months from now, that came up about a year ago. This job involved world wide travel (I am probably the only wife that would to that!) and would be a great job for him. Those jobs don't come up everyday, but hopefully next time one like it comes up, he will be able to seize it. I would love if we could live overseas for a while.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #26
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tris - we cross posted. I am sorry to read that your DH is in this boat too. It really isn't fun. Hopefully things will be better for us both soon!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #27
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah I think it's an allergy to long haired dogs...the dander.

She got a horrible migrane and was throwing up a few days after my sister's dog was around the last time. This time about 5 minutes after being around the dog she got a runny nose.

And there have been many times in the past that she would get sick after seeing the dog or staying at my sister's house.

She is fine around my other sister's dog (chiwhawha)...so that has me thinking it's the dander.
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #28
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

We need to go back for a repeat a/s, they didn't get all the shots they needed. Clearly a higher power wants me to find out what kind of baby this is.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #29
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

wow….

just got off the phone with my fil.

The lady who is a big part of the church Wednesday night stuff and did our wedding reception meal…passed away last night

Her husband found her this morning on the couch

Her oldest grandchild is DS’s age
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #30
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom
yeah I think it's an allergy to long haired dogs...the dander.

She got a horrible migrane and was throwing up a few days after my sister's dog was around the last time. This time about 5 minutes after being around the dog she got a runny nose.

And there have been many times in the past that she would get sick after seeing the dog or staying at my sister's house.

She is fine around my other sister's dog (chiwhawha)...so that has me thinking it's the dander.
I hate to say it, but my allergist says there isn't much point in doing shots or drops for dog allergies. Basically, he says dogs have been so interbred over the years that there really isn't any way to do immunotherapy or get a "safe" dog. Some breeds do not have a dander coat (Poodles, Yorkies, Maltese and Bichon Frises are the only ones I am aware of but mixes involving these breeds are less allergenic). Still, even the no-dander coat dogs cause many people issues as their saliva also contain allergens. Hopefully she'll just outgrow the allergy.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote