Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
OPKers and Breastfeeders who are ttc I could really use your input....pretty please

I could use a bit of help.

For the Breastfeeders who are ttc I was wondering if any of you are taking any vitamins above your prenatal and if so has your nursling had any adverse reactions? I am trying to see if my extra Vitamin D (1000iu) and my extra mag and zinc are causing troubles for DD. She is 21 months old and our family has been sick with a flu for the last week. DD got is last Monday but still has awful diarrhea and I had started the new vitamins right before the sickness hit. Any thoughts?

For the OPKers here is my problem. On CD 11 I got very Postitive OPKs here is the pic:

On CD12 I still had a positive in the early day but then they seem to go negative.

I also had a temp rise this day.

Then today is CD13 and one of my OPKs shows positives and the other neg. My temp is still up and my cm is creamy. HELP! Am I gearing up to O again or have I not yet?

Advertisement

Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.

Last edited by fishingfor5; 04-01-2013 at 06:25 PM.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
About your opks, I'm not sure! Maybe one is more sensitive and still picking up amount of hormones and showing positive?
My opks are only + when I'm about to O and its never changed from bf'ing or not.
No extra vitamins! I drink pre conception tea that has lots of vitamins!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OPKers and Breastfeeders who are ttc I could really use your input....pretty plea

IDK about the OPK's. I am still trying to figure that out here too. As for the vitamins, I take those. And I don't think it affects my nursling. It seems my little ones always have more trouble getting over stomach bugs. Try dosing her up with probiotics to regulate her. And remember a mild diet.
Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OPKers and Breastfeeders who are ttc I could really use your input....pretty plea

My OPKs stay positive sometimes for days after I O, don't know what is up with that. Maybe it happens more than we know because most people stop when they get the pos. or shortly after?

I take a lot of extra D (2500) and it hasn't seemed to affect my nursling...but he has had some bowel issues lately that I think are more tied to my seasonal allergies acting up (histamines do go through BM). Do you have allergies? I have made DS2 better by taking 3 types of allergy meds per day (checked with doctor before doing this, he agreed it was the best course of action but I was breaking out in hives and having some pretty severe allergies).
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. I am gonna do some research on the Answer brand OPKs as they are still showing positives and the other is def. neg. I got my crosshairds on FF today as I have had 3 days of high temps. Plus cervix and cm seem to support post O.

I did take dd to the doctors today as she was throwing up again lastnight and has had HORRIBLE smelly diarrhea. Well she has a super bad ear infection though she hasn't been running a fever or complaining of it. But my doc made a gag sound when she looked at dds ear....ugh. So because she is throwing up she got a shot of Rocephin. Poor baby it was her first meeting with a needle but she was brilliant about it. My doc also suggested I eliminate dairy for a few weeks as dd had a sensitivity to it when she was younger. She explained that due to the vomiting and diarrhea dd's good flora are low and her digestion may be experiencing sensitivities again. So this is where we are with her. Oh and the doc said the same as you ladies did about the vitamins not causing her issues. YAY!!

Thanks so much for responding. Those OPKs sure stump me.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote