Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Non stop nursing and fussy

DD2 is the only one of my 4 kids I have nursed, so this is all new. She just turned 2 months old and she constantly wants to nurse!!!! When I put her down she cries and I'm exhausted and nothing is getting done around the house. Is this normal? Sometimes I think she just uses me as a binky....and she won't use an actual binky. I have a ton of milk and sh seems to be growing well, maybe a growth spurt? Any tips would be awesome!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like a growth spurt barring other symptoms like mucous in stools or not enough wet/poppy diapers.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non stop nursing and fussy

Is this a new behavior, as in just the past couple days? If so... yup, I would say growth spurt. Let everything else go, as much as possible. It will be fairly short lived and BONUS when DD finished with a growth spurt there were always a couple days where she was kind of tired (from all that growing) and would sleep really, really well :-)
And then a week later I would realize that none of her clothes fit.
Hang in there mama! Drink lots of water and get a treat for yourself (ya know, it takes calories to make calories, wink wink)!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Those are also symptoms of reflux. Reflux can be "silent" without much actual spitting.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Could be a growth spurt.
As far as the paci, dd1 wouldn't take it at first but I NEEDED time to myself so I made her take it. It started that she would nurse to sleep and while she was doing the flutter suck I would pull my nipple out and stuck the paci in. Hold her close for a few so she still thinks she's nursing and once she was sleeping again I just slowest got up and laid her down. MAM pacifiers were the ones that both my girls liked best.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum most likely while nursing
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

DD1 loved her paci til she discovered her thumb. DD2 wouldn't take one if her life depended on it. My new LO is ambivalent thus far, though I'm hoping she'll warm up to it
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's been going on for a week or so and she spits up often. She occasionally will spit up right after eating but it's usually awhile after. Then it's chunky nastiness I don't think her poo has mucous, it's ewy though lol. I haven't been eating much, guess I should eat more calories too. My diet has been mainly water and crackers and bananas, just dot have an appetite. Is there a way to test for reflux? I don't want to medicate blindly like they did with DD1...who didn't have it

Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Maybe start with a good diet of a variety of foods. Maybe cutting out dairy as well?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum most likely while nursing
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyike2011 View Post
It's been going on for a week or so and she spits up often. She occasionally will spit up right after eating but it's usually awhile after. Then it's chunky nastiness I don't think her poo has mucous, it's ewy though lol. I haven't been eating much, guess I should eat more calories too. My diet has been mainly water and crackers and bananas, just dot have an appetite. Is there a way to test for reflux? I don't want to medicate blindly like they did with DD1...who didn't have it

It definitely sounds like reflux. They *can* test for it, but the test is yucky, and usually it's wiser to just start them on meds for a couple weeks to see if it helps. Untreated, it can lead to permanent esophagus damage. You should definitely check with your ped on it. They don't usually outgrow it until at least 6 months, sometimes much longer (my two oldest had to be medicated through 9 months).

You might also want to try an elimination diet to see if there's something you're eating that's bothering her. It's common for dairy and gluten specifically to bother babies and exacerbate reflux symptoms.

Last edited by The Fancy Pansy; 04-02-2013 at 02:18 PM.
The Fancy Pansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't do much dairy but I do have my fair share of gluten. She has her 2 month check up tomorrow so I will talk with her doc. She cries when laying flat and when in her carseat, and cries hard like she's hurt. We co sleep so she kinda sleeps on her side as we fall asleep while nursing. I have horrible heartburn and have had it since I was a kid so I feel horrible if that's what she's feeling