Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #11
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
If she's gaining weight they don't typically medicate for reflux any more.

You could also have a hind/fore milk imbalance. Basically she's getting all the thin milk and not the fatty milk. The fatty milk is what keeps them feeling fuller longer. Fussiness between feedings, gassiness and greeny poo are all signs of that. Once we started block feeding (2-3 feedings in a row from just 1 breast) all of our symptoms got significantly better. My DD is just coming up on 6w.

Advertisement

TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #12
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non stop nursing and fussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
If she's gaining weight they don't typically medicate for reflux any more.

You could also have a hind/fore milk imbalance. Basically she's getting all the thin milk and not the fatty milk. The fatty milk is what keeps them feeling fuller longer. Fussiness between feedings, gassiness and greeny poo are all signs of that. Once we started block feeding (2-3 feedings in a row from just 1 breast) all of our symptoms got significantly better. My DD is just coming up on 6w.
Both peds we've seen have medicated our three, despite not loosing weight. The concern is the pain and esophageal damage.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My son was similar... It turned out that my son was in pain and spitting up because of an intolerance to the milk in my diet.... We got him on infant probiotics there was measurable difference after the first day.... And I cut out milk.... My son went from non stop feeding crying spitting up and screaming to being much more content and comfortable!

Wife to my best friend Chris, SAHM to son Colt!
Wopnkrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #14
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No green poos, a few diapers have had a different darker yellow tint or greenish but not many. She is gassy though I'm leaning towards reflux after doing some research, so hopefully meds will help her....

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

Mine never had green poop but cutting out dairy did make an improvement. It makes sense to try that before medicating. For us cutting out dairy improved things but ds still needs medication. And he wasn't losing weight or spitting up, he was just clearly in pain (couldn't lay on his back, frequent nursing, lots of crying, lots of wet burps, sometimes just screaming out of nowhere and inconsolable) .
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #16
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You commented about her crying in the carseat. My baby was diagnosed with reflux at 1 month. She screamed bloody murder in the carseat and I read where the angle of the infant seat can make it worse. I switched her to a convertible at 6 weeks and it made a world of difference. I'm just finally getting her off of Zantac at 10 months. I can still tell it bothers her some at night but its not unmanageable. Good luck!
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
She screams in the carseat! I have to get her out as soon as we get to our destination. Today she has spit up like crazy every time she was in her back, and it's clear with curdled milk my dh isn't helping because he thinks I should let her cry to learn to self soothe and to put her on a feeding schedule. Apparently every time he looks at me she's stuck to a boob...kinda hurt my feelings a little. Her doc is on the cry it out page too, so tomorrow will suck!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #18
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyike2011
She screams in the carseat! I have to get her out as soon as we get to our destination. Today she has spit up like crazy every time she was in her back, and it's clear with curdled milk my dh isn't helping because he thinks I should let her cry to learn to self soothe and to put her on a feeding schedule. Apparently every time he looks at me she's stuck to a boob...kinda hurt my feelings a little. Her doc is on the cry it out page too, so tomorrow will suck!

Hugs . Reflux babies are no fun. My girl screamed every night from about 5pm until anywhere from 7 until midnight. From three weeks old until probably around 3 months old. It was horrible. And she would spit up in her sleep. Stop breathing for a few seconds, cough and start again. Scared me to death. I tried putting her in her crib but said no way after that. I wanted her where I could feel her.

Hopefully your dr takes you serious and your dh realizes there could be a reason for her crying. My dd comfort nursed and it made it worse because she'd overeat. Then want to nurse more because her tummy hurt.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #19
urbanalbino
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son did this from the time we came home and for 4 straight weeks. Those were hard times for me. I was exhausted and I did a really good job of holding the couch down and making sure the TV worked. NOTHING got done at my house and I had to rely on my wonderful husband to help make sure stuff didn't fall apart. Doctor said it was normal, was either a growth spurt or cluster feeding. Completely normal in breastfed babies. =) Keep up the good work mamma!
urbanalbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #20
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Put a pillow under her mattress to elevate it to a thirty degree angle!