Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #21
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non stop nursing and fussy

Have you checked for tongue or lip tie? Check her lip and if there is a frenulum holding it to her lip there may be a tongue issue also that is causing the gas/colic. She may not have that at all, but it's something to check. Also, your diet sounds....not so nutrient-dense! There might not be as much fat in your milk to keep her full. Add coconut milk, full-fat diary, avocado and other healthy oils and cut out GMO foods if you can, since they might be more allergenic than other foods. (corn, soy, and sugar are mostly GMO so buy organc or avoid altogether).
I'd rule out tongue tie/lip tie and dietary concerns before trying any medicaton for reflux, certainly.

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #22
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Is this new for her? It sounds like a growth spurt to me. I wouldn't worry about your diet in the least, healthy diet vs crummy diet does not change the quality of your milk.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #23
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My dh and I have the 3 kids together and my older son has a diff dad. The 2 middle kids had severe tongue ties so we asked them to check her as soon as her head emerged, lol. The LC said she was tied but her doc said not enough to clip...weird. Maybe I will get a second opinion. She nursed all night last night when she normally only eats once between 11 & 5. Thanks for all of your input, helps to be able to "talk" about it with people who get it. I don't anyone who nurses or has nursed

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #24
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well doc says its colic. She wants me to get her on a feeding schedule, any advice?

Old 04-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #25
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't believe in undefined "colic". I'd get a different dr. And, yes, I feel that strongly about it.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #26
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy
I don't believe in undefined "colic". I'd get a different dr. And, yes, I feel that strongly about it.
I agree with this. And I personally don't agree with a breastfed baby being on a feeding schedule. I nurse mine on demand and that's the best way to establish and regulate your supply for what your baby needs. Comfort or nutrition wise.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

I'm pretty sure it's not called colic when it starts suddenly after two months, i think its supposed to start early. Also, colic is "unexplained" so I'd hesitate to go with that without first ruling out things like sensitivity to common allergens by eliminating them from your diet or after that trying medication for reflux to rule that out.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #28
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm going to continue nursing as much as she wants. I don't think it's colic, I think it may be reflux- she cries like she's hurt when she's on her back flat she's gaining weight and doesn't freak out during feedings, this is why she says colic....off to find a new ped just when I thought I might like her...lol

Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #29
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyike2011 View Post
Well doc says its colic. She wants me to get her on a feeding schedule, any advice?

Yeah. Get a new doc.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #30
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyike2011
I'm going to continue nursing as much as she wants. I don't think it's colic, I think it may be reflux- she cries like she's hurt when she's on her back flat she's gaining weight and doesn't freak out during feedings, this is why she says colic....off to find a new ped just when I thought I might like her...lol

My dd was a chunk so no failure to thrive there and she wanted to nurse all the time. I know hers was reflux because anytime I tried to take her off the meds it got worse again.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote