Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
In a rut

I'm in a rut. I am having such a hard time getting motivated to just keep up with the daily stuff let alone decluttering and organizing! Just dishes, laundry, vacuuming, sweeping, taking care of the animals, feeding the kids, and general picking up is getting to me lately. I am falling off my 'minimalist' wagon and getting the itch to thrift store shop again! I have stuff for sale that isn't moving and TONS I need to list (like on here, so involves pics, listing, explaining, working it out, and shipping!) I'm just 'blah' lately. So I was wondering where my motivation went...if you see it send it my way please, I need it back!

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: In a rut

Pretty sure its gone somewhere with mine. I look at my kitchen and it drives me crazy but I don't even want to do the dishes. I'm so tired of picking up after everyone in the house. It would so much easier if we did have a ton less so that it only would take a few minutes to pick up.....
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

I am in a constant rut, lol. It is incredibly mental for me, just like getting geared up to exercise. I tell myself, clear ONE counter or ONE table or tackle ONE specific area. I get that done and it is so inspiring and makes me so happy that I make another small goal.

ETA: Recently some of the little things I had set aside for sale, I just donated, to me, having them out of the house is more important than the dough. Donating the item worked better for me since I don't have to store it, organize it, clean it and spend more energy to list it and sometimes it's not even worth it!

I tell myself I got my money's worth out of the item and it's time to move it on out. After doing this a few times I really start to reconsider whatever thrift store bargain is tempting me. I cannot tell you how many times I put something in my cart, wheel it around at the store and put it back on the shelf before I check out, lol. It has come standard for me to do that now. Lately the majority of thrift purchases has been for things I know I can make a big profit on reselling and not things for the house.

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 04-02-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You're definitely not alone. I'm in the same boat and am pretty much forcing myself to get it in gear since we're moving in a few weeks.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
melanalyus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I feel like this (overwhelmed) I need to purge. Too much stuff= overwhelming emotion.
I agree with poster that donating is sometimes more rewarding than selling. If you itemize your donations, you are able to get a great reward at tax time PLUS the feeling that someone else will "score" with your donation. Don't you LOVE it when you find a great deal....well you could be responsible for putting that smile on THEIR face.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 AM   #6
Cathy_B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I have stuff that doesn't sell I remove the ad, box the stuff up, and list something else. When something else starts selling you're motivation will probably return. Then you can re-list the other stuff later.

As for housework, invite a friend over and do it together. That always helps me. Sometimes the "friend" that comes over is my kids' babysitter. Doesn't matter, it's company.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #7
dpelephant
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanalyus View Post
When I feel like this (overwhelmed) I need to purge. Too much stuff= overwhelming emotion.
I agree with poster that donating is sometimes more rewarding than selling. If you itemize your donations, you are able to get a great reward at tax time PLUS the feeling that someone else will "score" with your donation. Don't you LOVE it when you find a great deal....well you could be responsible for putting that smile on THEIR face.
This is a great attitude about donating "putting a smile on someone else's face"

I earn extra $ with Swagbucks and Ebates! Join me
dpelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Small goals, either daily or weekly. Can be as small as one clean counter or take pictures of one item to sell.

I recently got out a new box of toys for the kids and put away some others and the level of chaos became greater, so I'm thinking I need to do some more toy purging again. Except sometimes they fight over the duplos, which is not something I would get rid of....*sigh*
Old 04-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

whenever i get in a cleaning rut i invite people over for a dinner. That makes sure I clean every nook and cranny and then it's harder for me to fall behind during the week. Regular company ensures my housework doesn't fall behind, once it falls behind I get the feeling like I can't catch up.
DallasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
crystallion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can definitely relate! I have a habit of telling myself it's going to get easier as the kids (4 yrs & 7 months) get bigger but there's a good chance it's not going to pan out that way. Parenting doesn't get easier, just different, right? One small bit of motivation for me is that one day I decided just to let it all go - not even try throughout the day. I quickly realized I couldn't live that way. I only made it a couple hours. I am new to aspirations of minimalism but I see more inspiration and motivation all the time.
crystallion is offline   Reply With Quote