Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If i like the Beco buttefly, which other SSC should I try?

I Love my beco butterfly II because I'm able to put safely my baby on my back thanks to the Y shaped panel between baby and me. Its very comfy. But the Y panel is "bunching" a little (I guess I'm too short for it?).
What other carrier would you recommend? preferably one that would fit also from newborn. I'm 168cm (that's around 5.5ft) or is there any trick to shorten that part of the carrier?
Thanks for your input!

Advertisement

firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I don't like the panel on the butterfly. I would get a different carrier and practice putting baby on your back. I have a beco 4g but have also liked olives and applesauce, kanga, kp...lots of different ones!

sry 4 abbrev, im 1 hnd-ed typng & nak frm my iPhone
Old 04-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
squirrly
Registered Users

Re: If i like the Beco buttefly, which other SSC should I try?

How old is your little one? If s/he can sit up, you can try the superman toss to get him/her on your back and then use any SSC or Mei Tai. It takes a little practice, but it's very doable.

I know of a couple of SSCs with built-in infant inserts, but not really the full harness like the Butterfly.
squirrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrly
How old is your little one? If s/he can sit up, you can try the superman toss to get him/her on your back and then use any SSC or Mei Tai. It takes a little practice, but it's very doable.

I know of a couple of SSCs with built-in infant inserts, but not really the full harness like the Butterfly.
I wear my 15mo now, but the next baby is due in a month so I guess I will be wearing mostly the newbie. That's why I would like to find a SSC with the built in panel. I have a manduca and love love love it for tiny babies, but again I'm not that comfortable with putting a tiny baby on my back in the manduca.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think the beco butterfly I has a built in panel?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I read that moms that are shorter than I am are very comfy using the BB2 - is it a difference in chest length then?
Would you know about some way to adjust the internal panel so it would fit better?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I am tall, so I don't know if it fits me well because I'm tall but it took some troubleshooting for me to really like my Beco Butterfly. Best advice I was given was to actually loosen the straps so the baby can settle in deeper to the carrier and sit more on your waist. Then their weight kind of helps flatten out the panel a bit. Does that make sense?
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelise
Well I am tall, so I don't know if it fits me well because I'm tall but it took some troubleshooting for me to really like my Beco Butterfly. Best advice I was given was to actually loosen the straps so the baby can settle in deeper to the carrier and sit more on your waist. Then their weight kind of helps flatten out the panel a bit. Does that make sense?
Yes! It does! Thank you! I'll try that ASAP. I really want to love my beco!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
sthomas1222
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my Beco, Ergo, and Boba wrap all equally. Some days I like the security of that extra panel in the BB2. And I know when we go to a festival next weekend I'm gonna love being able to pass her over to hubs without taking her out of the carrier (which is the exact reason I chose the BB2). But some days I like my Ergo better. And when I want to show off I use my Boba wrap
sthomas1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthomas1222
I love my Beco, Ergo, and Boba wrap all equally. Some days I like the security of that extra panel in the BB2. And I know when we go to a festival next weekend I'm gonna love being able to pass her over to hubs without taking her out of the carrier (which is the exact reason I chose the BB2). But some days I like my Ergo better. And when I want to show off I use my Boba wrap
I totally understand your reason to choose te BB2! I'd love to have the same but my DH is not that kind of person (for the moment at least).
Hey, do you have any pic of your boba wrap?