Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pic of my dd in her ff seat

Good for you! You can tell him that at not quite 2 years old, you haven't even met the MINIMUM to turn yet, so you're nowhere approaching "weird" territory yet. A Radian should fit fine in a car like a Camry, too, so if you are ever in that position again, you might get the angle adjuster (made by Diono especially for the Radian) to get it more upright, therefore buying you precious room. They are around $10.

Advertisement

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl
Shannon is right. There is no "too high" when FF.

Good on you turning her back RF. And the anxiety? Really? It's physics and what is safer. Just nod and smile at your husband and do it your way lol
Its debateable.

The manual for that seat says:

• Forward-facing (Fig. 2): Straps should be in nearest slot above the level of child’s shoulders.
Note: When using uppermost harness position, level of child’s shoulders can be above harness slot as long as child is proper height (see page 36).

So she can go down a slot and still be at or above her shoulders. It says to use the nearest slot and that doesnt appear to be the nearest slot for that child.

Anywys. The OP knows that rf is safer and she should RF to the limit of that seat.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #13
wmurillo410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess71903 View Post
Good for you! You can tell him that at not quite 2 years old, you haven't even met the MINIMUM to turn yet, so you're nowhere approaching "weird" territory yet. A Radian should fit fine in a car like a Camry, too, so if you are ever in that position again, you might get the angle adjuster (made by Diono especially for the Radian) to get it more upright, therefore buying you precious room. They are around $10.
Yes. True above. I fit a recaro como in both a nissan maxima and a (current car) toyota camry both rear ans forward facing. DH puts the seat all the way back and DS has had room both directions.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did it! She's back to RF! It's only been a few week of us having her ff, but it felt like years trying to remember how to put all the attachments back to rf mode.

I have her in with the latch clips at the belt path, and the tether attached to a permanent fixture at the base of the front passenger chair. Using the tether clip & the "make your own tether point" (no clue of actual name) that came with the seat.

Anyone own a '04 sienna and know if they have a RF tether point I'm missing?!

I posted a pic to see if anyone noticed any obvious errors. :-)

Last edited by BeccaSueCongdon; 05-27-2013 at 02:50 PM.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #15
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mama, overall it looks good, but just checking to make sure it isn't over reclined. Take a piece of square paper, and make it into a right triangle to check for 45 degrees. It looks from this camera angle like it might be too reclined.

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #16
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola
Mama, overall it looks good, but just checking to make sure it isn't over reclined. Take a piece of square paper, and make it into a right triangle to check for 45 degrees. It looks from this camera angle like it might be too reclined.
I wondered if it might be, but wasn't sure how to check. I'll check it with the paper and adjust it if we need to. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #17
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

There's this weird thing bc of the way the seat is shaped, where to have it reclined at the proper angle it's not quite tucked into the seat as close as I'd like. But I haven't tried securing it with the latch in that angle to see if it will secure properly. Just assumed it wouldn't. But I'll try it.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #18
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

She's too big for the infant padding I'd take that out. Also I think an angle adjuster would do you a lot of good.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #19
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607
She's too big for the infant padding I'd take that out. Also I think an angle adjuster would do you a lot of good.
Check and check!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think the seat looks over-reclined.