Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
taylor's mom
Registered Users

suggest your jogging stroller

I'm planning to get rid of our single stroller and am looking to replace it with a double jogging stroller. we already have a sit n stand that converts to a double stroller, but i'm finding that i want something with side by side seating anda single wheel in front. no idea where to start though. do i want fixed wheel or swivel wheel? what's the diffrence (well, besides the obvious). for this summer it would mostly be used walking due to wearing the baby and having the boys riding, but 'd like to have the option of going jogging when dh is home to take a couple kids too. the more affordable the better .

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: suggest your jogging stroller

If you want to run with it, get a fixed wheel (or a wheel that has the option of being fixed.) A swiveling wheel when running is dangerous.

BOB makes the best one on the market and will have a high resale value.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a single bob and LOVE it! I will be buying a double if we have another LO. I have the Revolution SE, I think a swivel wheel that locks is the way to go cause you get both!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would want a swivel wheel for easier steering. You can get ones that will lock in place for jogging, but then unlock for walking. We have a cheap baby trend that I love...ours is a single but you can get a double version of it.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

The neighbor has a Bob Sport. It seems huge, but really nice. They run with it every day, and even attach the dog to it.

I think it's this... but, in real life, it seems bigger than this picture.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
I know most people wouldn't put it in the category of "affordable," but our BOB Revolution Duallie is the best stroller I've ever owned. It is seriously fabulous and well worth the money. Before we bought it, I had bought quite a few mid-priced strollers because I thought there was no way in heck that I was going to pay that much for a stroller. Well, we hated them all. We finally decided to buy the BOB and I don't have a single complaint about it. I wish I wouldn't have wasted my time and money buying all those other strollers which did nothing but annoy me. Should have just bought the BOB to begin with! And (at least around here) you can find them on Craigslist.

Last edited by Janine; 04-04-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
Erinne
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
I know most people wouldn't put it in the category of "affordable," but our BOB Revolution Duallie is the best stroller I've ever owned. It is seriously fabulous and well worth the money. Before we bought it, I had bought quite a few mid-priced strollers because I thought there was no way in heck that I was going to pay that much for a stroller. Well, we hated them all. We finally decided to buy the BOB and I don't have a single complaint about it. I wish I wouldn't have wasted my time and money buying all those other strollers which did nothing but annoy me. Should have just bought the BOB to begin with! And (at least around here) you can find them on Craigslist.
What she said. We have a single, but it's amazing.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

I stalked the BOB duallie for months and ended up getting a Baby Jogger City Elite double. I absolutely love it. The crappy parent console on the Bob kept me from buying it several times, and my Baby Jogger has an amazing parent console.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
hendrixbri
Registered Users
seller

I have the britax b-agile. I don't think it's technically marketed as a jogging stroller... but it has three wheels with a locking front wheel. I absolutely love my stroller!
hendrixbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

I have to agree with the Bob. I have a single ironman (fixed wheel) and have put on many many miles on it. Then I bought the double revolution with swivel wheel that can be fixed. Found that one in Craigslist for 200. Totally lucked out. All other strollers we have bought were a waste of money.

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote