Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #11
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Don't beat yourself up! We all have our moments where something happened that we could have prevented.

When my DD2 was only a month old I took her, DS (4) and DD1 (2) to the park. She was in her carseat attached to the stroller. We were walking back to the car and I was talking to a mom who's son was in my son's preschool class and I heard a car start so I looked around for my 2 year old daughter and saw her behind the car that just started. I quickly put the brake on the stroller and ran and grabbed her from behind the car. Just as I was feeling relief that I grabbed her I saw the stroller rolling down the hill! The other mom ran after it and luckily it hit a curb before careening down the hill into a tree so she grabbed the handle. I thought the brake on the stroller was engaged but it obviously was not.

Let me tell you something- it took me a long time to get over my guilt about what happened that day. I felt like I almost killed two of my kids. But I took what happened that day and used it to make me a better mom. Whenever we are in a parking lot or near where there are any cars whatsoever my kids are holding onto me- if one of them so much as tries to walk away I turn into crazy mom because there is no way that I am going to let what happened happen again.

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad he's okay, Mama

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #13
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

I'm glad he's ok! I would've taken him too, mama. Better safe than sorry with a potential head injury.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hugs mama! We were there last year when DS fell off the swing set. He wouldn't move his arm at home, and by the time we were checking in, he was acting more normal. By the time we got to X-ray, he was fine. But, since he was a DCS kid, we had to go through with the full work up. He left bouncing off the walls.

It happens to the best of us!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Every parent has these moments. When DS was 2 I held his hand all the way up the stairs. At the top, I let go. Standing right next to him, he suddenly tumbled down a flight of 15 stairs, and I caught him by the ankle right before his head hit the tile below. I thought "I was standing right there? How did this happen?!"

When DS was 3 my husband had him on his shoulders like he always did, he was holding him by the wrists. Well, he went to change positions and grab his ankles instead and at that EXACT MOMENT DS decided to playfully throw himself backwards, falling off my 6ft hubby's shoulders and onto the tile entryway IN FRONT OF COMPANY. I have never seen my husband cry, but he did that day. He felt soo badly. Luckily DS was fine, but his back was sore for a few days, and he got to veg out on the couch.

I always read s out accidents with kids and. Just assumed the parents were terrible! Once you become a mama you quickly learn it will happen no matter what, in some way or another.

I'm so happy to hear your little one is okay! Don't beat yourself up!

please forgive all typos due to auto correct's lack of mind reading abilities. :-)
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #16
BabyNMe_101
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for making me a better mom, mamas.
BabyNMe_101 is offline   Reply With Quote