Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Hmmm....so they seem pretty useless as diapers. I already have a dozen Gerber Birdseye prefolds that I use for those other purposes - DH loved them as burp cloths. Maybe I'll save my $$ and use those again instead.

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #12
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Premie size prefolds - worth it?

If you are looking for something worthless, IMO it's Gerber birdseye prefolds. I hate those. Some of them have a foam like material inside.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #13
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I plan to buy preemie prefolds for burp cloths. I loved Gerber prefolds with DD but that was before I started CDing and I think 100% cotton will work much better. Pretty sure Gerber are cotton/poly. And I'll use them for diapers if my baby's tiny

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #14
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ive been using the preemie prefolds exclusively for the last week since LO was born. He was born a very slim 6lbs. I like the versatility of them plus I can see myself using them as doublers after. I only bought 1 dozen just to keep me until he grows into the regular NB without them being so bulky on him.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
shoebert
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiMom View Post
Hmmm....so they seem pretty useless as diapers. I already have a dozen Gerber Birdseye prefolds that I use for those other purposes - DH loved them as burp cloths. Maybe I'll save my $$ and use those again instead.
I don't think they're worthless at all. We have 2 dozen preemie GMD prefolds that we've been using for almost 4 months now. DS was a preemie and came home at 6lbs (when we started using them), he's the equivalent of 15 weeks now and 13 pounds and has only twice out-peed the diaper. I decided to move up to bigger prefolds just this week. So it just depends. Obviously, he's not a heavy wetter.
shoebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
If you are looking for something worthless, IMO it's Gerber birdseye prefolds. I hate those. Some of them have a foam like material inside.
Well, I'm not LOOKING for something worthless. I was given the Gerber prefolds as a gift when DD was a baby and used them as burp cloths/wash clothes.

I'm on a budget and I'm just trying to gauge if the premie prefolds will be worth the $$. Maybe I'll wait until just before baby is due and see how big it's measuring as well as keeping my eye on FSOT.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
BummisMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter was born at 6lbs 1 oz but dropped to 5lbs 11oz. The Bummis newborn sized prefolds and wraps fit her until she was nearly 10lbs which was around 3.5 months. Hope that helps a bit
BummisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #18
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

for me yes Newborn prefolds are gigantic on on my newbies even the preemie prefolds I have to fold doen a LOT to fit but their is little else that truly fits (gerber flats are huge even) while its true thay don't last forever in assorbancy they are soo inexpensive Its worth it to me to have a dozen or so.
Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #19
CrunchyChelle
Registered Users

My girls were 4lbs3 and 4lbs9 at birth and soaked through the preemie prefolds in an hour. I think they are heavy wetters though, but I had to go up to newborn size immediately, even though it was huge on them.
CrunchyChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #20
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My DS was 7 lbs 5 oz when he was born and dropped to a little under 7 lbs before we came home. The DR nb pfs I have we're great but they swallowed him. I bought 2 dozen GMD preemie pfs from the seconds sale for this one (a DD) and hope I don't regret it. Frankly, we bought a couple boxes of sposies in the beginning for DS b/c we couldn't get a consistent, good fit with the nb pfs. In my mind, we are still money ahead if I can avoid buying sposies at all with this one. And we can always use more burp cloths.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote