Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Registered Users
Water Carriers?

Hi mamas,

I am new to this board and feel a little overwhelmed by all the information and stuff going on here! But I have a question, hopefully some of you can help!

I am trying to decide whether or not to purchase a water wrap/carrier for the summer. My son is currently 9 months and 23+ lbs (we haven't had the latest well visit, he was 23 about a month ago so he is likely heavier now).

My husband thinks it will be too restrictive for him in the water...but I think it will be good for the beach, water parks, pool, ocean, etc. (we live very close to the ocean). My question is- have you used a water carrier? What was your experience like? What type did you get?

I saw some water mei tais on etsy. My goal is to sell a few of my less used carriers here, and buy a water wrap! (I have about 8 carriers and feel like it's an addiction gone out of control!!)

Thanks in advance for your help!

happycraftymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Water Carriers?

I like a water wrap better than water ring sling.
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Registered Users
I've been wondering too. I do wonder how safe it is to have baby attached. Safer than holding them I guess?
stephsicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Where do you buy water slings, wraps, etc...? I'm wanting to get a pool pass for the community pool this summer. DD will be 4.5 months old. I plan on getting a float too but think a sling or wrap may be best.
sthomas1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I buy most things from I've seen the water wraps there too.
Zipfelmuetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have the Wrapsody water wrap and loved it for 2 summers, when my little one was a newborn and again the following summer when she was a year. She is tiny - now 19 lbs. at almost 2 and I could still wear her in it weight wise but she only likes to be in it when tired.

I tried a water sling and much prefer the wrap. It is a swimsuit like material so it stretches but was great for being in the water. Just be mindful that the little one is there, my friend tried it with her little one and kept forgetting he was on her and dipped is head in the water a few times when helping her other kids!
LeeAnne, mom to Corbin, Reese and Keira!

Live in or around Colorado or not? Check out my money saving blog here.
leeannie8 is offline   Reply With Quote