Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
Nursequeenie
Registered Users

Diaper sprayers

Just bought 2 diaper sprayers, one sigma and one go bidet hubby found home depot. BOth leaked. Sigma leaked at connection to water supply and the home depot brand worked really well but it dripped from the sprayer end when not in use. ANyone else have experience or advice. Just started solids and really want a sprayer to work.

Advertisement

Nursequeenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper sprayers

Not really an answer to your question but here is my take on diaper sprayers, after reading a gazillion reviews on every kind of diaper sprayer i couldnt justify the cost and hassle of getting one (nevermind i couldnt find one specific brand that had mostly positive reviews) so i got a .45 cent plastic spatula at walmart and i use that to scrape most off the diaper into the toilet then i rinse the spatula and put it in a ziplock bag way out of reach so my kids dont think its a toy lol, i also have my peri bottle from giving birth next to the toilet if i need a little extra to help get anything really smushed off and so far it is working really well and i dont see the need for a diaper sprayer.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Alexismarie
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+
Not really an answer to your question but here is my take on diaper sprayers, after reading a gazillion reviews on every kind of diaper sprayer i couldnt justify the cost and hassle of getting one (nevermind i couldnt find one specific brand that had mostly positive reviews) so i got a .45 cent plastic spatula at walmart and i use that to scrape most off the diaper into the toilet then i rinse the spatula and put it in a ziplock bag way out of reach so my kids dont think its a toy lol, i also have my peri bottle from giving birth next to the toilet if i need a little extra to help get anything really smushed off and so far it is working really well and i dont see the need for a diaper sprayer.
That's sucha great idea, I may borrow it!
Alexismarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

Our toilet is close enough to the shower to use our removable hand held shower head as a sprayer.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
newmom98118
Registered Users
seller

I cannot say this enough, I LOVE MY DIAPER SPRAYER! I know many who do just fine without them but I think they are perfect for spraying off the stickies and getting the dipe wet so the rest washes out easily...and your hands stay clean! Just curious, did you use plumbers tape to make sure you had a good connection to the toilet? It's the same white tape you use when attaching a shower head.
newmom98118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Nursequeenie
Registered Users

Don't know about any plumbers tape so I don't think so. Just tried to follow the directions. I have a sprayer in my shower but it does not easily reach the toilet. Sorry for the tmi but at this point it is mostly bfp so i have just been spraying in the tub, then just letting h2o run and then spraying with bathroom cleaner but as we add more "real" solids, this won't be an option.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
Nursequeenie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom98118 View Post
I cannot say this enough, I LOVE MY DIAPER SPRAYER! I know many who do just fine without them but I think they are perfect for spraying off the stickies and getting the dipe wet so the rest washes out easily...and your hands stay clean! Just curious, did you use plumbers tape to make sure you had a good connection to the toilet? It's the same white tape you use when attaching a shower head.
What brand do you have?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursequeenie View Post
Don't know about any plumbers tape so I don't think so. Just tried to follow the directions. I have a sprayer in my shower but it does not easily reach the toilet. Sorry for the tmi but at this point it is mostly bfp so i have just been spraying in the tub, then just letting h2o run and then spraying with bathroom cleaner but as we add more "real" solids, this won't be an option.
So then place a bucket in there and spray into the bucket. Then empty the bucket into the toilet and flush when you're done. May take a flush or two, but then you wouldn't have to attach a sprayer.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
kansasgirl
Registered Users
seller

I have the bumgenius diaper sprayer. I've had it since I had my DD 4 years ago and it still works really well. Currently using it with DS who is 4 months old.
kansasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
robeccajr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin View Post
So then place a bucket in there and spray into the bucket. Then empty the bucket into the toilet and flush when you're done. May take a flush or two, but then you wouldn't have to attach a sprayer.
Brilliant...3rd in cloth and this never occurred to me . I use our shower sprayer but it doesn't quite reach the toilet. Buying a bucket tomorrow.