Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Tinrbellissima
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Best Daycare Diapers

So, my husband and I have decided that within the next 18 months I will begin a home daycare. I am just wondering what kind of dipes are the best for a cloth friendly home daycare situation, for the kids I'll be watching. I have 8 kiddos of my own, only 1 in dipes, but I homeschool the older kiddos, so I need something that will be sort of "easiest" if you know what I mean, to suggest to prospective parents. Suggest away, and thanks!

Advertisement

Tinrbellissima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinrbellissima
So, my husband and I have decided that within the next 18 months I will begin a home daycare. I am just wondering what kind of dipes are the best for a cloth friendly home daycare situation, for the kids I'll be watching. I have 8 kiddos of my own, only 1 in dipes, but I homeschool the older kiddos, so I need something that will be sort of "easiest" if you know what I mean, to suggest to prospective parents. Suggest away, and thanks!
I would suggest prefolds and covers for ease of washing and also bc prefolds are versatile - spit ups, spills etc... And cheaper solution too.
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
77Lipen
Registered Users

For me I went with pockets because they seemed closest to disposables (this was before I heard about 'flips'). I was thinking of aio's but my friend said they took to long to dry.

Now that I have a bit of experience with cloth diapering (and parenting) I'm going to try prefolds and tshirt daddy flats next round. I found them intimidating when I was first starting to look.

So if your suggesting it to someone new to cloth try to make it a kind that is user friendly. Used pockets or flips can be picked up reasonably cheap.

If this is for you and your ok with prefolds, do that. They seem to be easier to maintain (wash/dry) than these inserts And pockets I have.
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
Tinrbellissima
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best Daycare Diapers

I am great with prefolds! I use them with LO and they are wonderful. I also like the pockets, just not sure they are right for a daycare situation, I guess. I haven't had any experience with the AI2 systems, but I hear good things about the FLIP system, and I really like BG. Of the GroVia and FLIP systems is there a better performer? And are they any easier than prefolds?

Thanks for the advice!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
Tinrbellissima
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I meant hybrid systems. My ignorance is showing!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

BG 4.0 with Aplix (or equivalent) are the most daycare friendly diapers IMO. Easy off and on, customizable absorbency, good for tummy sleepers due to the extra PUL on the upper inside seem and, most importantly, stay dry. Stay dry is very important in a group care situation when the provider can't change every single pee right away.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
77Lipen
Registered Users

This is for you to do at tour daycare and the parents are buying it for your place I'd do prefolds then. Low cost, low maintenance and durable.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
77Lipen
Registered Users

Also, with pockets/hybrids/ai2's you take a chance they won't fit right. And then the whole stash is of no use. Whereas prefolds you make it fit.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #9
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm a bit confused as to what you are asking. Are you seeking advice on diapers for the children you'll be watching? Or what will be best for your child when you start watching other kids?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #10
Tinrbellissima
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For the children I'll be watching. So far prefolds sound like the best way to go.