Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
dldl
Registered Users

Trimmest fitted diaper?

I have been EC-ing my 3.5 month old DD since she was 2 months old and she's been doing very well. She also has very sensitive skin so we have changed from GMD prefold a with PUL covers to bamboozles (old ones) and kissaluvs with wool covers and the rash on her bum is now all but gone. This has worked so well that I'm looking to use wool exclusively. My question is what fitted diaper is the trimmer under a wool soaker? I don't need a ton of absorbency as I don't even use doublers at night and we change FREQUENTLY during the day when we potty. I just find that (understandably) most discussed is which diaper is most absorbent but what if all I want is trimness? I don't like to spend a ton of money on my diapers but would definitely look at sized diapers.

The diapers I've considered are kissaluvs, osocozy, and assunta. Or m I best off to stick with my GMD's?

I think I rambled a bit but any advice is great! TIA

Advertisement

dldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
MomBecks
Registered Users

Re: Trimmest fitted diaper?

If you're ECing I'd recommend Babee Greens fitteds. They're really trim if you don't use the snap-in doubler and they're really stretchy so can be pulled off/on quickly. OsoCozy don't have much stretch but are decently trim, and are you talking about the Kissaluvs os or sized? The os aren't super trim, but the sized are pretty trim.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
annagirl900
Registered Users

My Mood:

Babykicks fitteds are pretty trim and fairly stretchy.

Old vs. BumGenius Elemental Comparison
annagirl900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #4
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Second the babykicks. If we had a dryer and the $$$, my whole daytime stash would be made up of Babykicks fitteds (and GAD semi-fitteds stuffed with Babykicks prefolds for nights). Love how trim they are with the side snaps.

We EC too and although I haven't used these with a tiny one yet I suspect they'll work really well for that.

If Babykicks are too expensive, there is a thread around here about pocket fitteds that look fairly easy to make yourself.
ltlmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would think fitteds with a insert or snap-in inserts that can be remove will be trim.

I wonder if the imagine fitteds that look like GMD workhorse fitteds are pretty trim.. I have heard they are similar but less absorbent because they don't have an extra insert that GMD has.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What about these? http://www.ecwear.com/EcaPants.html
Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
webMistress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have some Sugar peas hemp fitteds that are really trim, only 2 sizes (Dd has been warring size 1 since 9 lbs & has growing room @ 15 lbs) & <$20. I use a doubler if we are going out (I get nervous about compression leaks in the car w/wool) or @ nap time. Like you though we EC and change really frequently.

Get Cash Back Just By Shopping Online at Ebates! I just earned a $23 Amazon Gift Card!
webMistress is offline   Reply With Quote