Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
JennyJack
Registered Users
seller

PUL and Tide

I know plain old Tide is not considered a cloth diaper safe detergent, but I wanted to see if there was anyone who had success with Tide, and it didn't hurt their PUL.

Advertisement

JennyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:57 AM   #2
fuzzynoodle
Registered Users
seller

Me, and many many other people I know! Been washing in Tide for 2 years, and my diapers are still chugging along!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
JennyJack
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzynoodle
Me, and many many other people I know! Been washing in Tide for 2 years, and my diapers are still chugging along!

No problem with PUL?
JennyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 AM   #4
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PUL and Tide

Tide is perfectly fine on PUL. I've got a few PUL diapers in my stash that have been washed in Tide since 2009. They are fine. The whole "CD safe detergent list" is a myth to me. I tried several "safe" detergents and got horrible results. Tide is all we use.

Many Mama's on here use Tide with no problems
Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #5
ashleyg103
Registered Users

I use tide. It is the only detergent that gets diapers clean for me we got horrible stink with "cloth friendly detergents". I also use as much detergent as I would use on a really dirty load of laundry. Im cleaning poop so a splash of detergent is just not going to cut it. I do and extra rinse just to make sure all the detergent is washed out.
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #6
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzynoodle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuel View Post
Tide is perfectly fine on PUL. I've got a few PUL diapers in my stash that have been washed in Tide since 2009. They are fine. The whole "CD safe detergent list" is a myth to me. I tried several "safe" detergents and got horrible results. Tide is all we use.

Many Mama's on here use Tide with no problems

I second both of these. No issues with AIOs, fitteds, flats, prefolds, fleece or PUL! I hang my covers to dry and I love the nice clean smell from the Tide when I open the drawer to grab out a new cover. I use Tide HE for coldwater and have been using Tide for several years.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

We've used Tide on diapers since I've had kids. (Been diapering for 7 years nearly, with the only gap being when my #3 child potty trained herself super early before #4 was born.). I've got diapers that have gone through all 4 kids and are still kicking!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

There is no such thing as "cd safe" detergent. This is just a REALLY pervasive myth. It will absolutely in no way harm your diapers. It may not work for you but it will not damage them. It's just detergent. What could it do to the PUL to harm it? Many people use all sorts of things like Tide, Gain, Dreft, All, Bleach, vinegar etc. with no issues for many years. I have been using Tide Free powder for over 3 years with no issues whatsoever. We've been using cloth for almost 6 years total and the original 18 BG 3.0 we purchased for my now 6 year old are still in rotation and do not leak. I have actually never had PUL on any diaper or cover damaged in all this time. I baby the baby not the diapers.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #9
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never had troubles with the PUL, never used "safe" detergents. I don't, however, use Tide - after a month or so of Tide I always get that "barn yard" stink
But I've used Purex f&c for years, and never had issues.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have always used tide and never had any PUL problems.