Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Best High Chair Option?

I have a tiny house and I don't want a huge clunky high chair. What do yourecommend?

Bonus if it's easy to take when traveling to restaurants.

DS is almost 4 months, over 16 pounds and trying to sit up but not there yet. We currently hold him, put him in a vibrating chair that detaches from a swing, or the carseat at the table but we want him to start sitting with us.

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a bebe pod deluxe by prince lion heart. It can be used like a Bumbo, also has straps to attach to a chair and a seatbelt with a removable tray. Both of my boys have used this. My oldest used it until about 18mths then he just sat on a chair. My baby is 11 mths/23lbs and fits great still.
It's not bulky and can't even be seen when the chair is tucked in love it
Old 04-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
LauraI
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Best High Chair Option?

I used this Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster from around five and a half months (sitting well) until my daughter was three years old. Before then, I used the bouncy chair or carseat like you are doing. I loved the HC Deluxe booster, and it was very easy to take places and use at restaurants!
LauraI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraI View Post
I used this Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster from around five and a half months (sitting well) until my daughter was three years old. Before then, I used the bouncy chair or carseat like you are doing. I loved the HC Deluxe booster, and it was very easy to take places and use at restaurants!
THIS!!!!

We actually used it to age 5, as our table top is very tall compared to our chairs. So we ended up with 3, because our kids are all 2 years apart. So we had one for the 6-month-old, 2.5-year-old, and 4.5-year-old. They are that awesome!
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraI View Post
YEP this! I bought it for 5$ from a m2m sale when dd1 was 10 months old. We ditched the big high chair and never went back. Dd2 went straight to this around 6 months (with just toys for awhile, when she was sitting). We don't feed babies before then so the reclining features are pretty useless & short lived.

It cleans SUPER easy, is amazingly portable (even has a carrying strap!) & I just love it. If we have company and need the chair it is on we just throw it down onto the floor. I would ditch the extra pieces though, we just use the chair and the tray. No extra pieces to clean, store or fiddle with. It still has a LOT of life left in it. The whole thing even fits in the dishwasher if we are extra lazy.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Ikea Antilop. It's not one to take to restaurants but easy to travel with since all the legs pop off. We've used it for our youngest two children and I tell anyone I know getting ready for foods how great it is.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster as well. We have benches for the main seating at our table, so we just got a folding chair that we keep the booster attached to, and if we're not needing the booster, we can put it in another room and easily fold up the chair for storage as well.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #8
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashncakes View Post
We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster as well. We have benches for the main seating at our table, so we just got a folding chair that we keep the booster attached to, and if we're not needing the booster, we can put it in another room and easily fold up the chair for storage as well.
I think I am too paranoid to attach to a folding hair. Those tip pretty easily (& I am bored and just read reviews of a kid splitting their lip open because of tipping a folding chair that it was attached too & it says to never use them, lol).
Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
I love the healthy care booster too. It has no little crevices to trap food bits, which makes it very easy to clean. I had a different folding booster with my oldest and it was terribly flimsy. this is very sturdy. the only thing I dont like is the upper removable tray. My little one managed to get her fingers between the main tray and the one you can put in the dishwasher and pinched them pretty good so we dont use that part any more.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashncakes View Post
I put a similar booster on a folding chair for my oldest's first birthday. she knocked a peice of her smash cake over the front edge of the tray and she leaned forward to see where it went. That over balanced the light folding chair and the thing toppled completely over. The tray took most of the impact but she bounced her head off the floor bruising her face. I learned the hard way not to put booster seats on folding chairs. Dd2's booster is on a nice solid and heavy wood chair.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote