Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
USPS issues

For the second time in a month I have a package with shipping info not being updated. Last time this happened, a little over a week after I had mailed the package the shipping info was finally scanned in! This time around I sent out 4 packages, all flat rate envelopes and 2 were scanned in the following day, 1 about 4 days later and now there is still 1 package that has zero movement but it was sent out monday april 1st. I mail them from my house, my mailman is wicked nice and so its not like he is aggravated with my constant package sending and receiving so I just don't know what the issue is but i hate putting other mamas out and i love that all my feedback is positive and that i am known for super fast shipping so the last thing i want is for issues like this to keep happening and for it to taint my feedback! Any thoughts on why this happens? I am hoping this package in particular pops up and gets scanned in soon, otherwise once it hits the 30day mark or whatever it is i will file a claim and refund the mama her money but now i am nervous about mailing stuff out now!

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Re: USPS issues

There is nothing you can do about the USPS being flaky on scanning. It happens.

If you want to at least get an acceptance scan to prove you did send it, go to the PO and have the clerks scan your packages in front of you. It's a pain, but it gives you peace of mind. But this doesn't guarantee that tracking will continue to get updated along the way.

I have had very expensive packages I sold on eBay show no delivery scan, weeks after they should have arrived. 99% of the time this is just a scan issue and not an actual package loss. But it caused me to lose sleep worrying about whether the buyer would be dishonest and file a not-received claim. Fortunately that hasn't happened yet, but it's a known fact that there are scammy buyers who do that.

If you REALLY cannot stand any uncertainty about shipping/tracking, just insure the package. It's only $1 through u-pic for domestic packages, up to $100 value. This way, whether the PO actually lost your package or whether it's just a matter of tracking not updating, you will recover your value if the buyer says they didn't get it.

Last edited by expaik; 04-06-2013 at 07:20 AM.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: USPS issues

Thanks so much for the info! Believe it or not the mama got her package today and yet there is still NO tracking info update from monday! I am so glad i was selling to an honest person but how annoying that tracking was never updated and it took a long time considering it was priority.