Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Chickenlittle1
Registered Users

Recs for summer carriers

We live in Texas and its getting hot!!y LO is going to be 3 months and love the moby wrap but it is getting too hot. Do you have any recs for summer carriers? What brand of Mei tai or other carriers do you recommend?

Advertisement

Chickenlittle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Reese62299
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Recs for summer carriers

We just moved from Texas and now back up north BUT we started baby wearing down in Texas when our daughter was 3 months and the best that we could find was the ErgoBaby Sport! Downfall...not many colors to choose from but it has been a life saver for us and we LOVE it!! I'm plus size and it fits me very comfortably, my husband has a body builder "build" and it fits him, also my 10 yr old daughter (80 lbs) and thin for her build wears it and fits her nicely as well. My daughter is now 16 months and she still fits in it and loves it. This is the only carrier I have tried but I haven't had a reason to try anything else. It's light weight and very breathable! We got the red one.

Last edited by Reese62299; 04-06-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Reese62299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Reese62299
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another suggestion we got was the Pikkolo??? But never tried it. But one thing to remember is either way Texas summers are brutal and baby wearing is hot!!
Reese62299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

If you like to wrap then a Bali breeze which is a gauze wrap.

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
saturn
Registered Users

In my opinion, the coolest option is a single layer linen ring sling. But really, almost anything will be cooler than a Moby. It really just depends on what style of carrier you want. When it comes to mei tais, I don't think there's much variation in coolness, they'll mostly be made of the same weight fabric. The only exception would be a wrap conversion mei tai, if it's made from a particularly airy wrap. A gauze wrap would also be a cooler option, if you want to keep wrapping.
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
Chickenlittle1
Registered Users

Thanks ... I'm going to look at a sling or a becco Gemini or ergo. Does anyone have any feedback on the becco carriers?
Chickenlittle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
stephsicola
Registered Users
seller

I have a Beco Gemini and love it. I haven't worn it in the hottest part of summer and I'm sure the padding will be warm. However, it is super comfy and supportive. It is equally easy to use on my back. I know a lot of people don't like forward facing carries, but if you do, this one is more supportive than most. I like that DH can use it too. Even my sister has worn it and gotten my LO asleep in it.
stephsicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Pognaes have a panel that you can unzip to make the back be just mesh...and they're cheap (I got mine on ebay)
Old 04-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #9
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Pognaes are really only good for little ones (I see them on fsot all the time on tbw bc babies outgrew them). Bamberoo, kinder pack, nuzzle me and other companies have carriers with solarviel or mesh. There are also slings of that material.
I have worn my beco 4th generation and kanga xt on 100 degree days, hiking and we've been fine, tho. Just diaper and no shirt or diaper cover on baby.

typing 1-hnded, nak, sry 4 abbrev
Old 04-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

The ergo will be hot in the summer. It is pretty thick. Actually I should say the original is hot. They have sport or something like that now that might be better.

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote