Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Throwing a bubble themed party....

I need ideas....food, decor, games, goodie bag, cake, etc. The last time I posted here for some party ideas, I got some good ones! Please post away! This is for a 2 year old birthday girl but there will be plenty of kids there, up to school agers.

Advertisement

doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Games-

each kid gets a paper plate with whipped cream and a big gum ball in it. The kids have to use their mouths to get the gum and first kid to find theirs, chew and blow a bubble, wins. It's hard to do bc the whipped cream makes the gum hard to blow.

Chasing bubbles from a bubble machine

Crafts-

bubble solution with diff color food coloring or paint. Blow the bubbles on glossy paper- pretty pic to take home.

Let the kids make their own homemade bubble solution and fun shaped wands like with pipe cleaners.

Goodie bags- the paper they decorated and solution they made. Edible bubbles?

typing 1-hnded, nak, sry 4 abbrev

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 04-06-2013 at 10:03 PM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Throwing a bubble themed party....

DD just went to BubbleFest for Girl Scouts.

One table had a bunch of wisks and egg beaters, etc with buckets of bubble stuff. The goal was to fill a baby pool with bubbles. We did.

One table had straws. You made the table wet with bubble stuff, then dipped the strap in a dish of bubble stuff and blew bubbles on the table. Because it was wet, they stayed and got big. We measured them, estimated, etc.

One table had a wallpaper dish full of bubble stuff with 2 foot-long popsicle sticks held together with string to make a square. You had to shake hands with a partner through the bubble. The trick is that your hands have to be wet to do so.

The last table was full of crazy things to make bubbles...strawberry baskets, mesh, string, and I'm sure there were more.

Here are a couple pics of the day...
http://s81.photobucket.com/user/luvs...ary/BubbleFest

They made bubble stuff by the 5 gallon bucket with dawn and glycerin to make the bubbles stay "bubbles" longer.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 04-06-2013 at 11:29 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Throwing a bubble themed party....

How about cake pops? They look like bubbles

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote